Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great pub..

Before heading for a meal I took some colleagues here for some drinks. Great choice of drinks... read more

Reviewed June 15, 2018
Stumpy12345
Reading
via mobile
Fabulous team

In Leamington for a three day trade show, found this pub on the first night and promptly booked in... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
shiwong
via mobile

All reviews sunday lunch a busy friday night great pub feel welcome menu veg picky
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Hooked up with a friend for lunch and a natter . Have been here before but just for drinks in the evening. The surroundings are excellent and staff attentive and knowledgable. Had 2 courses - fresh vegetable hash with poached egg and hollandaise followed by crime brûlée. Both were okay but not really more than that which is disappointing as for £13 and £7 respectively I expected more . The portion for the hash was on the small side for a main and the variety of veg in it was poor - lots of aubergine and courgette but not anything like fresh peas or beans that are in season and it was all just chopped up and not a hash at all. The crime brûlée was tasty but bordering going eggy . The best bit was the Sipsmith gin I had - nice large dose and beautifully prepared . Will try here again but there is some work to be done . If you want people to pay these prices , then your food needs to be at the same level as your service

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed June 10, 2017

This place was fantastic. I just recently moved to Leamington from Canada and was looking for some food and drink shortly after landing in town. It was great. The service and the food were great! The servers were friendly and helpful. They really made me feel welcome. I had tapas and a couple pints. Very tasty and delicious. I actually went there a second time a few nights later. Had the fish tapas this time. This was the first time I've had mackerel pate. Where has this been my whole life??? Anyways, i highly recommend this place!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

We've been to The Star and Garter on numerous occasions and gave never been disappointed whether the visit was just for drinks, light meals or Sunday lunch.
The food has always been of the highest quality and with a very wide choice available. The Sunday lunch is renowned and the staff always come back to offer seconds!!

The staff are The Star and Garter's greatest strength. A warm welcome is always assured and the staff are so friendly, courteous and professional.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

Had a meal here to celebrate my nephew's birthday. Not local as visiting for a family party the following evening though this pub was recommended by a local. Glad we booked as a busy Friday night but prompt service as soon as we arrived. Menu looked good and enough choice for everyone even the picky eaters! Chose a cheapish wine but should maybe have paid a bit more - wine was okay but not the best I have had. Meals were well presented and every dish went down well with our group. Stayed on for more drinks after the meal as met other family members later - lovely evening all round!

Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

This is where we had our first date a year ago so we thought we'd return to the scene of the crime for a early week meal out. I ordered a salad which was billed as "chicken and spring vegetables with harissa" - Cost £14.95. What arrived was chicken mixed in with a bag of salad with harrissa (a spicy sauce). When asked, I explained to the waiter that I was surprised that there was nothing else in there and I was told there was grated cabbage and carrots!!....The waiter offered to take it away, I said no as I didn't really see the point in swapping it for anything else.My boyfriend had a burger which was ok. To fill my unsatisfied appetite I ordered a dessert which was burnt and dried out. Unfortunately this is a common "gastro" pub experience these days and the star and garter, like so many others is trading (and charging) on its pretentiousness but not really knowing what it is trying to achieve in satisfying its customers. I hope this trend runs out of steam soon. AVOID the food (the beer is fine but expensive).