See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Thank God we only stayed the one night.
The chap that gave us the hotel key in the bar next door was nice & that's about the only positive.

- Black mould all over the bathroom ceiling and bathroom sink would not drain
- Noisy even with windows closed
- one or the beds was broken and collapsed to one side.

I know it's cheap but this was beyond unacceptable, a void at all costs.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jaimee B
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Worst hotel i have stayed at in 40years travelling
Terrible welcome, reception not open so had to pick up keys in the pub downstairs, music mega loud so could not communicate with staff in the pub.
Room was up two very steep narrow sets of stairs, carpets were fraying on the stairs and looked very dangerous.
In the room most of the lights did'nt work, and the mattress must have been new 20 years ago.
In the morning no one to leave keys with.
Avoid the place, it is a dump.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank philq62
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We arrived early, so got some drinks and food, the glasses were grubby and mine wasn’t even full. Sat at a very sticky and wobbly table! Food was brought out and we were told sauces etc were over there, apparently you have to fetch your own and cutlery. My daughter wanted mayo, we managed to get the last few dregs out of the bottle. We sat listening to the very loud bar person.
It was the time for check in, the sign on the door said to ask at bar, so we did, only to be told she hasn’t got the list and to come back in an hour! We were shattered carrying heavy bags and it was very warm. We left and as we crossed the road looked up at the building. There were curtains hanging off the rails and not the right way, it did not look good at all. We went to a park to sit and wait again and that’s when I started reading the reviews. Oh dear. I decided then I wasn’t going to be staying there. Maybe with my money they can get the curtains repaired and sorted!

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank Rachael G
Reviewed July 12, 2018

We knew it would be budget, but budget doesnt mean disgusting! The place stank, the floors and chairs in the room were stained with what looked like urine, mould everywhere, a double bed propped up against a huge window which if opened meant you could roll out on to the road! No fans or aircon, the staff were RUDE and unhelpful!!!

It should have a minus rating! doesn't even deserve a 0! I wouldnt board my dog there!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel or take a tent!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Sam S
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The photos are misleading, Rooms are terrible, so dirty, we didn't even stay although we had paid for the room,with a four poster bed, I have never not said in a hotel I have booked, went to a lovely Angel Hotel instead, Really is shocking, shower was falling apart, Lost the £70 for booking the room, no refund offered, but better to have lost £70 than to have stayed here,

Room Tip: Don't book
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple