“More Moorish for me please!”
Review of Moorish

Moorish
Ranked #17 of 212 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: International
Description: Italian American Inspired Deli Sandwiches. We make our products from scratch, which includes baking the bread we use. Our products are grilled to perfection and totally customisable with over 11 different salad items and sauces.
Reviewed March 3, 2017

My boyfriend started working in and around Lancaster back in August time and has since then been raving about a sandwich shop near his offices called Moorish. He works in Lancaster Centre once a week and without fail I would get a call with a full report of just how “bangin’” his latest sub sandwich was. Nothing rivals it in his opinion – and this coming from a London boy…
Knowing Cian well I was inclined to believe him but most weren’t. How could this tiny independent shop make a better sandwich than the culinary metropolises of London and Manchester? I was more than willing to find out.
After a night of birthday fun and frolicking we woke to our Moorish alarms – set for 2pm so as not to miss out. I hadn’t realised that Lancaster was basically a glorified village so after a short and pleasant walk in the early spring sun we arrived outside the tiny, narrow building that hosted these highly renowned creative treats.
Inside was clean and simply decorated with a mix of cultural artefacts linked with the unusual but enjoyable list of sandwich names.
I went for a foot long Joey Tribiani – meatballs, mozzarella, mushrooms and salami. Cian went for the Tony Soprano vs El Cid: Salami, Pepperoni, Ham, Mozzarella, Chicken and Chorizo.
Also on the menu was The Kitchen Sink: Beef, Chicken, Ham and Pepperoni – Dean Moriarty: Halloumi, Mushrooms and Mozzarella – Jimmy Olsen: BBQ pulled pork with roasted red onions… just to name a few.
All can be had as a wrap, a salad box, or on a baked potato.
As well as these wonderful toppings you have a choice of fresh salad: jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, pepper (cooked or raw), onion, olives, gherkins etc.
Toasted, wrapped and paid for – not the cheapest but by no means extortionate for such fresh ingredients so lovingly put together (£7.90 approx. for foot long) – we cradled our baby subs out in to the square where we obligingly devoured them in a state of heavenly bliss.
Cian was not wrong. I have never had a better sandwich and I can’t imagine wanting one from anywhere else in the near future. I was saddened that my stomach couldn’t finish it although Cian didn’t mind helping me out.
If you’re ever in Lancaster and hungry – Moorish is the place to go!

5  Thank Corkadillo

Reviewed January 26, 2017

Nearly always treat myself to a Moorish on a Monday, every time it has been fantastic! I've tried loads of options of the menu, and I'm never disappointed!

2  Thank Georgi D
calvin m, Owner at Moorish, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2017

Thank you for your kind review! Hope to see on another Monday.

Regards,

Calvin

Reviewed January 17, 2017

I was once a frequent visitor to Moorish, though after a change in work circumstances it was no longer in my immediate vicinity. I am not going to lie, I miss this place for lunch!

The service is a little slow, and if there is a queue then expect to be in for a wait. However, the guy is really friendly and happy to chat to you, and even the customers seem to be a friendly bunch and happy to chat while you wait!

HOwever, it is all worth it when the product arrives. It is like eating a loaf of freshly baked bread, smothered and stuffed full of whatever delights you choose to eat from his wide and varied menu.

This is always my destination of choice when i am in the area, and I am always fuller than full after stuffing down a good old footlong sub!

3  Thank Dios E
Reviewed October 11, 2016

I ordered a halloumi and hummus, expecting .... well, halloumi and hummus. What I got was halloumi cooked up with spices, very decent hummus, the usual salad stuff of lettuce, tomatoes, and onion but also a choice of roasted peppers, sun dried tomatoes, jalapenos, olives and more. All in a large brown baguette (my choice from several options). Cost = £5.00. It was AWESOME!!!!!

1  Thank Mary M
calvin m, Owner at Moorish, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2016

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your kind review!

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 25, 2016

Fresh, tasty, delicious. 10/10 would recommend for an office lunch, take your mates and they will be amazed.

2  Thank miguelsousaa