“FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF THE REVIEWS - IT IS HORRENDOUS!”
Review of Urban Spice

Urban Spice
Ranked #153 of 212 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed March 11, 2018

As the reviews show, this 'takeaway' (it cannot be called that at ALL) should be avoided in all instances! I would avoid this place like the plague. In fact, I would rather catch the plague than ever eat here again. Firstly, the food was 1.5 hours later and to top it off, it was burnt and tasted absolutely disgusting. We put the chips and the garlic bread in the bin because even the dog would not touch it! The delivery man gave the food to the my friend and then walked off to his car and left. He did not ask for any money. We just assumed that this was because the service was horrendous and the food was burnt. Four hours later - I receive three harassing phone calls in the space of 10 minutes and a 'lovely' voicemail. Not only that, the same night this man comes knocking on the door late at night (about 10:30pm on Friday) asking for his money (I was not in at the time). He continued his harassment today just after 8pm on Sunday by knocking on the door again. Police have been informed as this is unacceptable behaviour. I do have phone calls to show them and five witnesses (including myself). If you actually answered my phone calls in the first place, there would have been ZERO need for this.

1  Thank Amber C

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

Didn't enjoy, turned up 1.5 hours late. Wouldn't order again. Very expensive for a meal that didn't have any flavour.

1  Thank wignallcabourn2017
Reviewed June 19, 2017

Awful food, I've had much better out of a microwave from a supermarket.
bad service, miserable faces as soon as you walk in, tries to give the impression that it is a fine indian takeaway when in fact it is aimed at drunken revellers, (probably only ones that wouldn't notice how gross it is).

2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

Worst take away in lancaster we ordered food at 8pm said it would be 45mins it csne at 9:45 the pizza bread wasnt even cooked and the cheese was burnt awfull service would recomend to not order from here

5  Thank Jasmine Jean C
Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

I ordered 45 minutes ago but on arriving found this place to be a deserted place also my food was not yet ready and I could hear the microwave sounds at the background, it was only a small order, extremely slow service (one man band), when I finally received half of my order as some stock was not available, the food was nothing but awful, so that says it all I am not coming back again.

3  Thank aali83