“Great accommodation and great service”

Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was our second visit to the Mount Pleasant and we were not dissaponted The customer service we recieved in the past has been maintained, the staff work hard to ensure that your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. The rooms at the hotel are spacious and spotlessly clean.
One of the things you can be assured of at this hotel is that they have very comfortable beds and good pillows ( not always the case in most hotels )

Room Tip: This hotel has some therapeutic beds on offer, the room we were booked into had a mud bed. We reques...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Salford

Thank you for taking the time to post your review to the site. Such positive feedback is always great to read, especially about good quality pillows and beds for which feedback is always essential.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I heard about the the girls night in package through a friend of a friend. My chief bridesmaid was straight on the phone to arrange it all. The package changed after we booked it to a pick n mix and at first we were reluctant but it actually was a lot better in hindsight! We added on the fine dining service to our package.

The main apartment we had was huge, with a grand dining table and massive massive cosy sofas in a big U shape facing the tv and a little kitchen and fridge. It had a huge bathroom and separate bedroom with 2 comfy beds and wardrobe. My friends had arrived before me and the hotel allowed them in to decorate the room which I was not expecting and the hotel provide a huge pick n mix of sweets in hard for everyone to help themselves to. Everyone else had a room and they all said how nice they were and spacious (although we spent most of the time in our apartment!)

The fine dining was nice...a bit slow to come out but they did offer a couple of my friends alternatives as they didnt like anything in the set menu. The vegetables were "delayed" but a sincere apology and an exta bottle of wine later we didn't mind but by the time they did come out we had pretty much finished our mains so hardly touched them-sorry! We then had all our puddings and coffees sent to our room which we all ate in our pj's! On hindsight I should've phoned down for them to collect the empty plates-instead I rinsed them all in the kitchen sink so they wouldn't smell in the morning!

Breakfast was tasty although we were all spread out as they had not set a big table up to sit altogether.

Overall I had a fantastic time and so did all my friends and family-great for those that dont want a night out on the town but a night out in! The hotel staff did all they could to make our stay as good as possible. The waiter we had (sorry I didn't get his name) for dinner and breakfast was brilliant-very helpful. The hotel was gorgeous from the rooms to the reception.

I wish I was getting married here as I think they would do an amazing job!!!

Thank you Mount Pleasant-I'm sure we will be finding another reason to book a pick n mix party again in the future!

Liz Smith

• Stayed: March 2012
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Liddy

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on to Tripadvisor. Its very nice to hear that you and your friends had such a great time. I shall of course your review all of your points with the team at the hotel to ensure your constructive points are taken on board and that we continue to offer high levels of service and facilities. I look forward to personally welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I love booking into this hotel as you never know what the room is going to be like. There are four poster beds, mud beds, massive ornate beds and the rooms are out of this world. I wasn't disappointed this time, this was the ornate bed in a large room with a very big bathroom. Excellent meal served in my room. This time I was more organised than usual and had booked spa treatments ahead of my stay. I had a wonderful salt and oil massage and then a luxury pedicure. It was absolute bliss. This is a hotel that I absolutely love coming back to time after time and I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Dear Jax S,

I was very pleased to read that you had such a wonderful stay on your last visit and that you had managed to recover from your wobble on the Mud bed on the visit prior. Please keep coming back to us at the hotel , and I look forward to welcoming you personally on your next visit, if there is anything I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed here for a two night conference. The staff could not do enough every thing was spot on.
No faults what so ever

• Stayed: March 2012
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Bonster,

Thank you for posting your feedback with regard to your 2 day conference and it was our pleasure to be able to host your conference and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to meet you all again in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Following our previous stay, we were invited back by the Manager. We stayed the w/e 3/3/12 and found it much much better this time.
The staff were helpful, attentive and courteous and the room was really very nice. We had a huge bed and found it comfortable and very quiet.
We were at the end of the car park though so not sure if that would apply nearer the main entrance as the function rooms are located near there.
The hotel is near a busy main road but we didn't notice this as we were at the far end of the hote.
The views were lovely and the gardens are just beautiful. They would be lovely to walk around in the summer.
We ate in the restaurant this time and the food was so much better and I can recommend the roast belly pork. I still reserve judgement over the bar food though as we had to wait quite some time for cream teas.
The hotel was quite busy with functions but this didn't affect our stay and should we need to stay here again we would be happy to do so.

Room Tip: Can't comment on standard rooms but can recommend the junior suite purely for the luxury factor...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Watkins Family

I am glad to read that you took the opportunity to revisit the hotel and it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your break. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future .

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed overnight at the hotel as part of a hen party which included use of the apartment for the group of us which was really fabulous. Individual room was stunning with squashy sofa and chairs, spotless bathroom and comfortable beds. Really outstanding for a hotel in this price range. However other areas a bit disorganised. Two delightful chefs gave us a demonstration in chocolate making which was entertaining, but they were late setting up and a little unsure of what they should be doing. I gather this is a new enterprise so smooth delivery will come with more experience, but they couldn't have been more helpful.

Then, like a previous reviewer, we come to dinner which was a set menu. We made out choices over drinks but it was well over an hour before we were called to the table. Several of our party ordered a Posh Prawn Cocktail with Marie Rose Sauce but were served a seafood terrine with an unidentifiable white sauce which was generally disliked by most. I had the cheese souffle with roasted peppers which was fabulous except the peppers were missing. For the main course the majority of us ordered Sirloin Steak with Diane sauce and chunky chips. After a wait of well over another hour, the steak arrived but having ordered it medium, it was absolutely cremated and resembled shoe leather. Six of our party had the same problem, which quite frankly you could see at a glance. The waiter offered to replace it but having waited so long, and not wanting to upset the Bride to Be's big night, we declined. The waitress then arrived with two individual jugs of Diane sauce and asked who had ordered them, when told all the steaks should have sauce she said you had to order it especially. Only on being shown the menu did she accept we were right. More sauce did eventually arrive but the meal was spoiled by then. Incidentally, the chips, tomato and mushroom garnish were very poor for a restaurant of this price and should have been a much higher standard. When it came to dessert, one of the three choices was unavailable but generally the desserts were delicious and beautifully presented. Coffee was included in our 'deal' but by this time, nearly 4 hours after our booking time, we'd had enough, however the waiter offered to have the coffee taken to the apartment which we accepted. On complaining - gently - to the staff we were told they were sorry but they had had a large number of bar meals to attend to! Annoying to hear as we had booked some 6 months earlier, and no excuse for serving truly sub-standard food and waiting 4 hours. Nothing by way of recompense was offered. The staff were very pleasant and anxious to please but made many simple mistakes and seemed to lack leadership and, again as a previous reviewer mentioned, training in basic technique. To give an example, we had our breakfast in two batches but having finished our cereals, fruit etc, the dishes were not cleared when our hot breakfast was brought so we had to eat amidst the debris. Even though they knew to expect a table of 12 for breakfast, several items ran out and we had to keep asking for replacements - juice, sauces, toast etc. This made us seem demanding but the staff should have anticipated our needs which were very simple.

Overall then, beautiful place, quality rooms and charming though unskilled staff. But terrible experience in the restaurant both food and service. In different circumstances I would have complained bitterly but did not want to create bad feeling for the bride. What a shame a member of management didn't bother to approach us and apologise before we left.

One final thing, a word to the Manager. Please don't keep putting a stock answer to each reviewer. At least make an attempt to convince us you have paid attention.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Sue

I can certainly assure you that I do pay attention to each and every review and answer the points according to their content . We do review all feedback good and bad to try and improve the way in which we deliver our service and product. I can assure you that we do have very skilled and attentive members of staff here at the hotel who care for all of our guests.

I am dissapointed at the level of attention and service that you recieved and I shall of course review your very descriptive feedback points with the Food & beverage staff.

It was indeed an unexpected very busy evening and unfortunately things did not quite go to plan but this is in no way an excuse for poor service or food , please accept my sincere apologies for this and the disruption in service and any inconvenience this may have caused. The service you have experienced is no way the normal high levels of service we provide and shall be discussing this with all members of the food & Beverage team here at the hotel.

Once again my sincere apologies and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Went for a hen night, stayed in one of the apartments - brilliant idea for private party and very reasonable price!
Ate in the restaraunt, dinner was excellent, breakfast good. Cocktails booked to the room were late arriving, and after leaving they called to say some drinks were still to be paid for (even though all extra drinks had been paid for at the time) - so could improve attention to detail with service.
Relaxing atmosphere, comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to respond with your review I was very glad to read that you had such a good time and shall relay all your feedback to the team here at the hotel. My apologies for the late cocktails and for the administration error in contacting you afterwards. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
7.7 km away
8.3 km away
The Regent Hotel
The Regent Hotel
#12 of 19 in Doncaster

Been to Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!