New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Outstanding customer care”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Me and my mother recently stayed at the luxurious Mount Pleasant hotel, Unfortunetly my mother fell unwell at the hotel and a doctor was called, i felt the need to write a review because the customer service towards me and my mother was outstanding they handled the situation with such care and understanding thankyou so much to all the staff at mount pleasant hotel. we will return to enjoy the stay how we planned to next time ! Miss L Johnson

Room Tip: The Spa Suite's will take your breath away !
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MPH1938, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Lucy

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback with regard to your recent visit to the hotel. I was very sorry to hear your mother was taken ill but was pleased to hear that the staff reacted with courtesy and care which is always our aim. I realise that your evening was obviously cut short and if you would like to come back in the future then please do not hesitate to contact me direct at the hotel.

Richard Tyas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Rotherham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I came to Mount Pleasant recently for a friends hen do, she isn't into the whole going out and getting drunk in a big city and doing dares and wanted something a little more sophisticated and intimate with her closest friends. I knew about the Girls Night Pyjama Party Package and recommended this and we soon had the rooms booked. Nikki was great with the planning and offerred all manner of activities on the Pick 'n' Mix Package which was a great idea to enable us to enhance our stay. We chose the Wine Tasting which I originally thought was going to a bit borning but turned out to be loads or fun and I would definitely reccommend it and we followed this with the fine dining option rather than having a buffet in our room.

We had a lovely lunch on arrival and sent our friend off for the 'Trio of Treats' in the Beauty Spa which she thoroughly enjoyed.

The main apartment (which we were allowed to decorate with hen party decorations) for our party was fantastic with robes and slippers laid out for each of us in the lounge plus a whole array of pick and mix sweets in jars with scoops like we had in the shops as kids. The lounge had a big tv including a Wii Console, games, CD player and iPod stack, plus a kitchen with a fridge and tea & coffee facilities. The huge bathroom and bedroom enabled us all to get ready in the same room and all the rooms we accommodated were spotlessly clean with nice big beds, clean fresh linen and fantastic bathrooms!!!

The wine tasting as I said was alot of fun and unexpectedly enjoyable, our host Richard Tyas and the Wine Waiter (sorry I forgot his name!) were lots of fun and made us feel very at home, we won a bottle of Champagne which was opened for us to have with the meal. The fine dining was fantastic, the food was delicious!!! The staff were very accommodating with the menu and offered us various alternatives to those on the set menu.

We then headed to our apartment to enjoy the rest of the evening in our PJ's!!!

Breakfast was lovely at the same table we had enjoyed for our meal the previous evening, everything was cooked fresh to order.

We really did have a great time and for 6 friends that don't get to see each other much it was fantastic to get a whole weekend together in one place, no taxis and no sore feet from walking miles in heels. We had a relaxing afternoon, followed by getting dressed up for an evening out but only had to walk down the corridor, a lovely meal and then the same girlie giggles we have enjoyed at all of our own PJ parties.

From the reception, to the lounges, to the rooms and restaurant Mount Pleasant is a very beautiful hotel and the staff were great.

The girls and I had already decided over breakfast that we needed to find another reason to do it again and are already planning. Thank you Mount Pleasant for making my friends Hen Night a very memorable one for all of us. Hayley Perry :-)

Room Tip: Any, they're all different!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MPH1938, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Hayley P,

I was very pleased to hear that you had such a great time on your friends Hen party. It is always a pleasure to read that we have done our jobs properly including 'me' . I look forward to welcoming you personally back to the hotel in the near future.

Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have just stayed at the Mount Pleasant for the weekend and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. The room was enormous with a very comfortable bed. The room was spotless and well positioned.
We will be making sure to return as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Rooms 136 and 139 are excellent especially good value.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was our second visit to the Mount Pleasant and we were not dissaponted The customer service we recieved in the past has been maintained, the staff work hard to ensure that your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. The rooms at the hotel are spacious and spotlessly clean.
One of the things you can be assured of at this hotel is that they have very comfortable beds and good pillows ( not always the case in most hotels )

Room Tip: This hotel has some therapeutic beds on offer, the room we were booked into had a mud bed. We reques...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MPH1938, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Salford

Thank you for taking the time to post your review to the site. Such positive feedback is always great to read, especially about good quality pillows and beds for which feedback is always essential.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Leicestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I heard about the the girls night in package through a friend of a friend. My chief bridesmaid was straight on the phone to arrange it all. The package changed after we booked it to a pick n mix and at first we were reluctant but it actually was a lot better in hindsight! We added on the fine dining service to our package.

The main apartment we had was huge, with a grand dining table and massive massive cosy sofas in a big U shape facing the tv and a little kitchen and fridge. It had a huge bathroom and separate bedroom with 2 comfy beds and wardrobe. My friends had arrived before me and the hotel allowed them in to decorate the room which I was not expecting and the hotel provide a huge pick n mix of sweets in hard for everyone to help themselves to. Everyone else had a room and they all said how nice they were and spacious (although we spent most of the time in our apartment!)

The fine dining was nice...a bit slow to come out but they did offer a couple of my friends alternatives as they didnt like anything in the set menu. The vegetables were "delayed" but a sincere apology and an exta bottle of wine later we didn't mind but by the time they did come out we had pretty much finished our mains so hardly touched them-sorry! We then had all our puddings and coffees sent to our room which we all ate in our pj's! On hindsight I should've phoned down for them to collect the empty plates-instead I rinsed them all in the kitchen sink so they wouldn't smell in the morning!

Breakfast was tasty although we were all spread out as they had not set a big table up to sit altogether.

Overall I had a fantastic time and so did all my friends and family-great for those that dont want a night out on the town but a night out in! The hotel staff did all they could to make our stay as good as possible. The waiter we had (sorry I didn't get his name) for dinner and breakfast was brilliant-very helpful. The hotel was gorgeous from the rooms to the reception.

I wish I was getting married here as I think they would do an amazing job!!!

Thank you Mount Pleasant-I'm sure we will be finding another reason to book a pick n mix party again in the future!

Liz Smith

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Liddy

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on to Tripadvisor. Its very nice to hear that you and your friends had such a great time. I shall of course your review all of your points with the team at the hotel to ensure your constructive points are taken on board and that we continue to offer high levels of service and facilities. I look forward to personally welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I love booking into this hotel as you never know what the room is going to be like. There are four poster beds, mud beds, massive ornate beds and the rooms are out of this world. I wasn't disappointed this time, this was the ornate bed in a large room with a very big bathroom. Excellent meal served in my room. This time I was more organised than usual and had booked spa treatments ahead of my stay. I had a wonderful salt and oil massage and then a luxury pedicure. It was absolute bliss. This is a hotel that I absolutely love coming back to time after time and I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MPH1938, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear Jax S,

I was very pleased to read that you had such a wonderful stay on your last visit and that you had managed to recover from your wobble on the Mud bed on the visit prior. Please keep coming back to us at the hotel , and I look forward to welcoming you personally on your next visit, if there is anything I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Kind Regards

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed here for a two night conference. The staff could not do enough every thing was spot on.
No faults what so ever

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MPH1938, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Bonster,

Thank you for posting your feedback with regard to your 2 day conference and it was our pleasure to be able to host your conference and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to meet you all again in the near future.

Richard Tyas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
7.6 km away
29.6 km away
Whitley Hall Hotel
Whitley Hall Hotel
#2 of 55 in Sheffield

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!