1,248 results
All reviews spa suite sanctuary suite copper bath garden restaurant four poster bed complimentary upgrade afternoon tea pj party huge bed beautiful room standard room staff were attentive robin hood airport steak buffet style walk in shower course meal
Reviewed December 11, 2016

Second occasion of being let down by Mount Pleasant restaurant and this time I'm gonna write a review!

A few months ago my family and I went there for my mothers 80th birthday meal and we were VERY disappointed with the meal which was pork in very thin slices turned up on the edges and looked microwaved, very sparse on vegetables and the gravy did not appear to be home made, such a disappointment for a special occasion.

Friday the 9th December 2016 even worse! We decided to have a starter BAD decision, sweet potato soup and a goats cheese tartlet that was cold with hardly any coats chees in it. NOT GOOD.
A COLD turkey dinner very disappointing, two thin slices of turkey with stuffing the size of a 50P piece, 1 tartlet the same size with some cranberry sauce in, 1 pig in blanket!!!! Three very small roast potatoes, 6 very small sprouts, about 10 slices of carrots, two small strips of parsnips, and cold gravy granule gravy!

The dinner was cold and unappetising, the portions were very small and left at least 1/3 of the dinner plate empty which was just as disappointing as the food on the other 2/3 of the plate, we decided to walk out, left the dinner and payed for the wine, determined never to return.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2016

Dear ingaketilsdottir

Thank you for taking the time to post your review with regards to your recent experience here at the hotel.

I was obviously hugely disappointed to read your review of your experience and certainly please accept my sincere apologies for you having had a disappointing experience . I will of course take up all your comments with my Food & Beverage team here at the hotel.

I have discussed your experience with my Food & Beverage Manager and I understand that he dealt with yourselves on the day and did not charge for any food as it was realised that we would not be able to meet your own personal expectation.

I can assure that all of food is freshly cooked and prepared at the hotel and I do believe that we offer good value and service I am sorry that you felt the need to post a review and do hope you will reconsider your decision to visit the hotel.

Reviewed December 10, 2016

Stayed here last night for a work's Party Nigh. Having driven past this hotel many times and always thought that it looked warm and welcoming, last night was our first time over the door, and it lived up entirely to our expectations.
We booked an executive room, and it was without doubt one of (in not the) best hotel room that we have ever stayed in. It was enormous, and the ultra modern bathroom was as big as some other hotel BEDROOMS that we have endured.
Reception staff were friendly and efficient and when we reported that our room was missing the dressing gowns and slippers, they were delivered straight away.
Breakfast was just as you would expect, and the breakfast room was large and not overcrowded.
If I can be allowed to be just a little bit "picky", the hotel coffee was tasteless, and the breakfast waiting service was just a little lacking.
Overall, however, these minor points were not sufficient to change our opinion of this great hotel. No doubt we will return in future, and we would certainly choose THIS hotel if we had an early flight from Doncaster airport (in preference to the hotels at the airport).

Room tip: If your budget can stretch to it, choose an Executive room. It is worth it for the extra space alone.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2016

DearAlikat24130

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent experience here at the hotel.

I was so pleased that you enjoyed the stay here at the hotel and that you found your bedroom so good. Thank you for your additional constructive criticism I shall certainly relay your feedback to all members of the team here at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

Here for Christmas Afternoon Tea - not only was the food very average but adults letting their kids run around the restaurant like it was a kids party. The restaurant had minimal Christmas decorations and the tree was not visible from where we were sitting so didn't feel festive at all. Very disappointing.

Trip type: Travelled with family
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2016

Dear Debbie B

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent experience.

I was obviously disappointed to read that the experience was not to your expectation, as I understand from my staff the party in question were spoken to with regards to the children and unfortunately once we have done this it does become beyond our control , that it is something we have to leave to parents to control my apologies if this disturbed your afternoon.

I do think the hotel really does look very good for Christmas, again my apologies if you were not sat where you could see a tree and certainly we would have tried to accommodate this had we known your request.

Once again Thank you for your feedback it is very important I do hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 7, 2016

My parents used to bring me here for lunch when I was a teenager, which is longer go than I would care to admit. At the time it had several curious little private drawing rooms to which guests could move afterwards, which gave it a certain additional charm. The last time I had been here was on a New Year's Eve in the early eighties, so I was curious to see what had happened over the last 30 years.
Well, the entrance hall was unrecognisable. It seems to have been extended into one of those sort of conservatory things, which provides a considerable amount of space and a lot of light, perhaps at the expense of the original character of the house, but then places have to adapt to changing times.
The staff are very friendly, the breakfast is good, the room service is more interesting than usual although still a bit limited in range. But the best thing about the hotel is the size and comfort of the rooms, which was exceptional in every sense. Plenty of room, very comfortable four-poster bed, spacious modern bathroom with a very thoughtful dimmed blue light at night (so you don't bang your foot against the loo in the midde of the night), controllable temperature (although it appeared not to have air-conditioning, but well, this is Yorkshire so it never gets very hot), antique furniture, everything you could possibly want. It makes you sad to leave the room.
Oh, and by the way, if you're worried about noise from the nearby Great North Road and the equally nearby airport, don't worry, we slept with the window open every night and there was total peace and quiet. I took fellow Trip Advisors' advice and asked for a room at the back, which gives you a pleasant view over the countryside.
So in general, although I had trouble recognising part of the hotel, the experience was extremely positive.

Date of stay: November 2016
MPH1938, General Manager at Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2016

Dear 19JRW61

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed coming back to see and that overall you were very impressed 'what we'd done to the place'! we will continually strive to improve the hotel and our products.

I will certainly pass on your feedback to all the team here at the hotel, I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed December 7, 2016

Just returned from having lunch in the Garden Room restaurant. It was very quiet but the room was laod out immaculately. There is plenty of space between the tables, the decor is done in warm reds and it is light and just the right temperature.

The staff are welcoming and friendly and the hotel is all on one level so there are no worries around stairs to climb. There is ample parking, almost up to the door.

We decided not to order off the Christmas menu. Our waitress, Katherine, was brilliant, so patient and helpful. An asset to the hotel.

The portions are very large, far more than we could eat but the food was superb.

We started with soup, olves and feta cheese and shallot and goats cheese tartlet.

We had lamb and the roast of the day, which was turkey. The plates are huge, more like a charger but then there is a lot of vegetables to get on them. We each had a tureen of vegetables containing sprouts, carrots, cauliflower and pea pods (which were the best I have ever had). There was also roast potatoes and parnsips. The lamb was served on a bed of potato and cabbage mash. All in all a huge meal but although beautifully served and delicious, we could not eat all the vegetables.

For dessert we had traditional Christmas pudding, apple and rhubarb crumble amd Creme brulee with Baileys.

We took coffee in one of the lovely olde worlde snugs where we were not disturbed and could have stayed much longer in the lovely deep leather chairs by the fire.

Cannot recommend this restaurant enough, you can browse their menu on their website to get an idea of what is available and the prices.

Enjoy

i

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Janet P

It was fantastic to read that you had such a great lunch in the Restaurant, and I shall certainly relay your comments to all members of the team here at the hotel.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Regards