“Yummy homemade cakes!”

Ranked #76 of 623 Restaurants in Doncaster
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2016

Attached to Cusworth Hall is this quaint tearoom, serving breakfasts, lunches and afternoon teas. The cakes are homemade and are quite simply delicious. We soon discovered that the baker likes to experiment, so there is a selection of unusual delicacies to titillate the palate. We'll be back!

Reviewed March 10, 2016

We go there often and find the owners are very good and easy to get on with also have a good sense of humour also will help to make your visit memorable

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed March 9, 2016 via mobile

Just been to Butler's for afternoon tea and really enjoyed the selection of sandwiches and cakes available. The food is delicious and well presented. Staff were so friendly and regularly offered to refill the pot of tea. It's a nice and relaxed atmosphere too so you don't feel rushed. If you can't eat it all then staff are happy to wrap it up so you can take it away with you when you're ready to leave. Really enjoyed this little tea room and would happily go again.

Reviewed March 6, 2016 via mobile

Dear the Butler Tea Room team

I am just writing to you to express my most sincere thanks after our trip to you today for Mother's Day. We booked with you on your 12 o’clock sitting quite last minute and you were very accommodating for our large party of 6. When we arrived we were taken upstairs to the red room with the clocks (apologies I can't remember the name of the room) by someone who I would guess is the manager. To start with the room was beautifully decorated and the tea settings rivalled the best I've seen with beautiful delegate china.

From there on we were looked after by a young blonde girl who could not have been any more fantastic. She was so attentive ensuring we never ran out of tea and that we are happy with everything. Even when I went to pay this bill she made a special effort to interact. She really made our experience so special and I was sorry I didn't have any cash or else I would have left her a tip.

The food was also fantastic, one cake stand came out adorned with sandwiches, scones and a beautiful assortment of cakes and tartlets. We were then all surprised with a second stand. Although they were irresistible and we tried our best to finish them you were then kind enough to package them for us on a tray which really makes all the difference as the cakes don't tip over and make a mess. Not only that but as I don't drink tea or coffee I was given my own little tea pot with fruit tea and my younger brother a Pepsi. Our tea pots were then continually refilled and checked and although you had a se pions sitting made us feel like we were welcome to stay there as long as we wished.

Thank you for making this Mother's Day so special for us, as the place we have a tree for my nan I couldn't have asked for anything better. I would recommend your afternoon tea to anyone and although would like to send a special thanks to our waitress would like to also pass thanks to the whole team and the chef.

Kind regards
Holly parsons

Sent from my iPad

1  Thank Holly P
Reviewed March 4, 2016

We've visited this Tea Room many times and every time we are served good food along with good service. Nice to call in after a pleasant walk around the grounds of Cusworth Park for a drink and something nice to eat.

Date of visit: February 2016