“Great modern hotel in Manchester”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed here in May for business and had a wonderful time. The hotel is conveniently located by a train station, making it easy to access from Picadilly train station.

The hotel is really modern and the rooms are big, well decorated with new furnishings and has all the amenities necessary (with free WiFi). The bathroom is lovely, with separate shower and bathtub.

Dinner was great the the restaurant and breakfast offered a good choice of breads, pastries and fully cooked breakfast.

Service is great and the team is really helpful and friendly!

Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear JulesM2012

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our high standards. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre the next time your travel plans permit.

Thank you for your kind comments towards our hotel and staff. I will pass on your great comments accordingly

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I've been a Platinum Priority Club member for several years given the amount of business travel I have to endure. Having stayed here several times for work and enjoyed this hotel, we came for a two night weekend stay. Once again, this hotel didn't dissapoint. From the warm and efficient check in, the nice room with a view on Floor 8, and the quiet ambience in the Club Lounge we were suitably chilled. I find the staff here have a real professional attitude. The two girls manning the club lounge desk and the breakfast staff in particular were really pleasant. It's good to see this area of Manchester is rapidly being regenerated and I really recommend this hotel - having stayed in many Crowne Plaza hotels, this one is well run, well appointed and great value for money. My only (minor) niggle is that in-room Internet access is by wired connection - come on guys this is the wi-fi age!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear JCHM,

Thank you indeed for your recent review, I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the hotel for leisure and as well on business and particularly I would like to thank you very much for the high praise you give to our club lounge staff.

If you are planning on visiting us again soon please email us on the below email address.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

guest.relations@cpmanchester.com

Reviewed 26 May 2012

its 6 months since my last visit,
This time customer service was noticably to a higher standard and the Breakfast experience was much better with a great selection and choice.

Room very comfortable and appreciated free web access in room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Donald R

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I will ensure that these are shared with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester again very soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed one night at the Crowne Plaza for a base for a night out in Manchester. The hotel is located a short 1 min walk from the metro station at Shudehill and is just up the road from the Arndale Centre and Printworks and being located in the trendy northern quarter, there is plenty of bars and restaurants around.

I booked using my Priority Club Rewards and had a King Club Room on the 8th floor. The check-in was simple, the girl on the desk explained the benefits of being a Priority Club member and explained that we had access to the Club Lounge which is located on the 8th floor. The club lounge offers complimentary tea and coffee during the day, a selection of pastries and cereal for breakfast and alcohol during the “happy hour” which is actually 6-8.

Our room was clear and everything was in working order. The bathroom looked really smart with dark tiles and a full wall sized mirror. The only gripe I had was the corner shower cubical was a bit small. The king sized bed with its pillowtop mattress was so comfy.

There is a bar/restaurant located in the lobby, we did not use this but it was always busy when we walked by.

5  Thank Sunshine_Mark
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2012

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our high standards. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed here for 1 night with my daughter. Check in swift & painless. Room excellent. Very clean, 2 extremely comfortable beds with lots of pillows & cushions.Good bathroom with both shower & bath.Room was very quiet, never heard a thing all night. Good location within easy access of the city centre. Didn't eat here or use the bar so can't comment on them but would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

After getting tickets to see Barry manilow at the Manchester men my next stage was to find a nice hotel where I could take my wife for our anniversary and so chose the crowne plaza . I persificaly asked the hotel prior to arriving for a nice room as it was a surprise for my wife.. And on arriving paid for the valet parking ... Then given the room wich I payed for in full before seeing the actual room itself.. Now at this point I know people with dissabilities after be catered for and I have no problem with that at all but this as I say was a surprise for my wife and the room was for disabled usage with low level wash basin and more hand and grab rails than a nursing home along with a shallow bath it spoilt the whole trip.. And when I complained the guy on reception said it was a standard room and they were busy .. Very poor in my opinion so if it's quality that your aftter and maybe something special for your partner I suggest you try what I will next time in Manchester book the lowery as the plaza in my opinion just took my money and did not may I suggest even look at my special request and just filled the hotel so the choice is yours...and my appoligies to anyone disabled as I do not wish to offend you with this review ...

Room Tip: On booking please state that you want a room without disabled amenities as it may like me spoil the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com; it really helps us to maintain our standards and focus on areas that we need to improve.

I was concerned to read your comments with regard to your recent stay. Although our rooms which are suitable for wheelchair users are of an extremely high standard, it is entirely regrettable that you did not find the room to liking.

If you would like to discuss your comments in further detail please contact me at the below details

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Kind Regards,

General Manager – Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Email - guest.relations@cpmanchester.com

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We were going to the Barry Manilow concert (Not my idea!!) and chose the Crowne Plaza because of its close proximity to the Manchester Arena.
There was an issue with my booking and it could not be resolved by the receptionist.
After checking into our very pleasant and comfortable room, I spoke to the Duty Manager, a charming lady, who went above and beyond to help me to remedy things.
I have to say that everyone we spoke to at the Hotel was very pleasant and clearly customer service rates highly in their list of priorities!
But for me, the duty manager convinced me that it was a good place to stay and return to.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front of the hotel and there was some traffic and noise from pedestrians below...