See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

After having a night mare of a time at a different hotel and them refusing my niece her room due to her being 17 not 18 I rang My Place Apartments and spoke to a Adrian who spoke to his manager and said that it wouldn’t be a problem for the two 17 year old girls to stay the night and that he would rush the booking threw so that they where able too see the concert. All of which was a very quick and easy process and took a matter of minutes and within half an hour of our first phone call my niece was in her Appartment getting ready for the concert she had so eagerly waited for.
My deposit was back in my account within two days.

Thanks again for all your help

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2017

Good location. However, the fact I was charged £125 after we left because they 'had to have the locks replaced on the flat'. Stayed on a saturday night. We took a set of keys home by mistake, straight away I informed the apartment. Posted them back first class on Tuesday, as they hadn't arrived by Friday morning they claimed they needed to get the locks changed and took £125 out my bank. Firstly said they had to take the money out of my bank on the Friday as by the Monday the security deposit wouldn't be able to access my bank. Then spoke to a senior manager who said the reason they where taking the money out of my bank on the Friday was because they had a locksmith coming round that day to change the locks.

Simple mistake honestly made by ourselves ended up being punished with £125. Absolutely no room for negotiation. Complete liars

Date of stay: November 2017
2  Thank E4754DRandyp
Reviewed December 3, 2016

5 ladies looking forward to staying in Manchester for the night and going to the Christmas Markets. We paid nearly £500 for one night's stay (not cheap at all!). Due to the price, we were expecting a decent apartment as we had stayed in Manchester before, paid much less and had a really nice apartment. So for the money, we had quite high expectations.
The apartment was mostly clean, but in need of a lot of maintenance. The blinds were thick with dust, some were broken and some didn't close properly. There were no curtains so in the morning it was very bright - not ideal when you have to sleep in the living room on a pull out bed, (£100 a night to sleep on a pull out bed is not great value for money) The bathrooms were in dire need of maintenance, pictures were hanging off the walls, walls had dirty marks on etc. (see attached photos).
We complained, but the manager was not available to speak to so he sent a txt message asking what was the problem. After speaking to him, he said he'd look into it, it's now 2 weeks since we stayed there and we've still not had a response.
I think they have a nerve to charge as much as they did for an average apartment that was in desperate need of refurbishment! Definitely won't be staying there again

Room tip: Don't stay here unless you are paying substantially less than we did!
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
my-places53, Manager at My-Places Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2016

Dear Kelly/Sarah
We do endeavor to provide the best guest experience possible. We apologise your experience was not to our usual high standard. We thank you for making contact with us at the time of your stay and unfortunately the duty manager was not available to take calls. Rather than not respond you were sent a message and this was followed by a call. You kindly explained your concerns about the apartment which we took on board and you advised you would like to send us some photos and feedback and we were on the looking out for these. We are always receptive to constructive comments and thank you for yours. Approximately 2 weeks later when this review was published you also emailed us with further information you had mentioned. We had hoped to do more for you before this time as we took your comments seriously. Please also note that all Hoteliers and Serviced Apartment providers’ present rates based the current market at the time of booking.
Kind regards MyPlaces

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

This review is based on a group of 6 girls staying at the apartments for a hen doo on Manchester.

Location - we stayed in the apartments within the northern quarter. It is great for all round Manchester. We started at cloud 23 and walked to deansgate within 10-15mins (in heels).

Apartment - the apartment was clean and fit for the job. The only thing I would be aware of is if you want music through the docking station provided we only had access to a iPhone 4 doc which is slightly dates and not suitable for any of our phones.
You do get access to the full TV channels so we just put the music channel on which was enough.
We received 2 sets of keys however only one fob to get in the main entrance. Which could be an issue for groups that may split off during the night.

Parking - we aren't from the area so decided to pay for parking at the apartment (£15 per car per night). It may seem expensive but for the price in the city centre it isn't the worst, and it's onsite in a locked car park.
You can't just turn up and park so if you do want a space you will need to ask for it.

Money - the biggest issue for me with booking this apartment was the shock of the £300 security deposit.
It doesn't state through booking.com this requirement before booking. As I booked the apartment 1week before we where due to arrive to find out I will need an additional £300 to pay a security deposit was a big shock.
There was also a mixup with my credit cards and one card had £150 reserved by the company but didn't show on there system the day before we where due to arrive. This meant I then needed £450 deposit as they hadn't received the £150 showing on the system with my credit card company.
As you can imagine the stress of arranging the hen party and then finding out I didn't have the money for the security deposit I was quite upset. Luckily my friends partner was able to assist with the addition £150 for the deposit!

Customer service - I have seen a few reviews complaining about the customer service. I cannot fault my experience Adil who looked after my booking and communicated with me constantly before and after the booking (when I was awaiting the return of the deposit).
Without him I would honestly say I would debate staying here again, but having an adviser who listened to me and understood my view was more than what I could ask for. He responded to my emails/texts outside of his working hours, and chased down my deposit refund.
I hope that the business recognises his efforts and will reward him for his great customer service.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Hayley F
Reviewed July 7, 2016

Arrived at the hotel and was awkwardly waiting outside not knowing how to get in to the building. A man came up who was polite enough and let us in and took us to our room. For the price we paid it wasn't overly brilliant. He took payment off us all (with a extra bank charge) then asked us for a very large deposit! I was shocked as I didn't know about this and I can see by some reviews that others didn't know either! A few minutes later a guy called to speak to me about the deposit and he wasn't very customer service friendly (as I've also seen by some comments he has been like this with others) He was arguing the fact that he sent this information in an email but I did not receive this. I even showed my emails to the guy who took us to our room to prove that I didn't receive it. I have been through my Junk and still can not see an email! This went on for quite some time! We checked in around 4.30pm and left the next day at 11am so was a very unreasonable deposit price (£300). Before the guy left he gave us two sets of keys but told us that the mat in the hallway was to cover a massive burn mark on the carpet. Not sure whether this was to know we won't get charged for this as they already know who did this? Still, didn't look brilliant. Beds were clean and wasn't overly noisy. The next day the housekeeper was hanging around our door till we left! When we opened the door to leave she was literally stood right in our faces waiting for us to leave....I felt pressured to get out the place as quick as possible and it made us feel quite awkward.

Date of stay: July 2016