“Great value and tasty!”
Review of El Taquero

El Taquero
Reserve with OpenTable
El Taquero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #530 of 2,563 Restaurants in Manchester
Description: Tacos & Tequila!! El Taquero is Manchester first Taqueria. Located in the heart of the Northern Quarter. Vibrant, fresh and Authentic.
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch and hadn’t realised there was such a great lunchtime special: 3 tacos for £6! With a margarita this was such good value and all tacos, especially the pork and pineapple and the deep fried potato one, were very tasty.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

The food was really tasty and most of the menu was gluten free.
The waitress was very knowledgeable and advised how they could adapt dishes to make them gluten free.
My only constructive criticisms would be that it would be helpful to have a gluten free menu printed, downstairs was a little cold and a couple of salsas weren't available.
I would definitely recommend it though.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We’d been looking forward to eating here since they opened and what a big disappointment! After 20 minutes we still hadn’t had even a drinks order taken and had to ask someone. Twice we asked for tap water before we got it and my husband asked for another beer twice and this never came. He went to find the men’s toilet but couldn’t (there’s no signs) so asked a member of staff. The staff member said she had no idea! The food was ok but nothing special really. On leaving the manager was really nice and apologetic. She gave us free tequila and also reduced the bill. We really appreciated this effort but we won’t bother coming back.

1  Thank Stamford116
Reviewed March 24, 2018

I was taken to this place by a friend on a Friday night. I thoroughly enjoyed the food. The service seems to be a little hit and miss (the person who initially greeted us was rather brusque in manner, but our server was a charming bloke).
I thought it was great value for money and I can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed March 23, 2018

Overall a pretty rubbish experience. The staff are nice but can't be bothered to serve people properly. I was handed a wet plate like 'oh you're plate is wet' but then did nothing to rectify it because of course who wouldn't want to put dry tortillas onto a soggy plate? We ordered Al pastor which was really dry and then Birria which was really bland. Really not worth the cost, can make far tastier tacos myself.

1  Thank charlottepV8956UL