“Wonderful, Welsh cafe.”
Review of Siop Shop

Siop Shop
Ranked #1 of 20 Bakeries in Manchester
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Came here for a coffee and do-nut as the beginning of my recovery Sunday routine. I had been to see Gruff Rhys the night before so it was nice to hear Gruff Rhys playing on the stereo as I ordered my coffee. The guys that run it seem really friendly and both times I have been in, they have played great music. As I sat drinking coffee and listening to Gruff, who should walk in but Gruff Rhys himself. We had a little chat and I had a photo with him (i know, but it is Gruff!) and then headed off into the Manchester rain. Best coffee ever :)

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

The selection of homemade donuts are to die for, you can tell they’re freshly made every day. So many flavours to choose from and vegan options available. The maple bacon donut was incredible, soft and sweet with salty bacon on top! I had a flat white with it and their coffee is really good too. Lovely atmosphere, very chilled and perfect for a little people watching. Can’t wait to try all the other flavours!

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

I pass Siop Shop most days on my way to work, and (if I have the dollar) usually pop in for a coffee and a sarnie to keep me going. The ingredients are all fresh, the coffee is beaut, and everyone who works there is always super friendly (despite the fact they all have intimidatingly cool haircuts) and chatty to me when I come in - they usually recognise me which is always lovely!

A really good place to have as your local/regular coffee haunt, and worth spending your pennies on - reminds me of being at home in the North East which is always good when you’re a faux Mancunian.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We stopped by for coffee and doughnuts. It did not disappoint. My flat white was velvety smooth and the doughnut was super delicious. I also ordered a roasted squash salad to takeaway, which was really good too. All in all this place is amazing and well worth a visit.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Awesome little cafe with the best donuts in the UK. The service was great (I was overcharged without realising and the owner came over and apologised and gave me some money back!)