“Comfortable and friendly”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #43 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Sent here when Jury's was overbooked and found it a good compromise. Reception staff are very friendly and couldn't do more for us when they knew we had been relocated. The hotel is handy for the Arena but not for the centre of town. Buffet breakfast was a bit poor with not much fruit and only a small bowl of natural yoghurt which quickly ran out. Good modern room with all the facilities.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Giada Z, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear HebdenlassJoan,

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.
Giada

Write a ReviewReviews (2,317)

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

The best description I can come up with is that it was OK. Room was fine, modern and functional. Service was ok as was breakfast but it all felt a bit cold and unfriendly and the location is not a nice walk. It feels like it’s stuck in a road junction - which it is and I certainly didn’t fancy leaving for a walk around.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Peter H,
Thank you for your review and I am glad to see that overall you have enjoyed your stay. I hope we will see you again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Booked as the hotel was across the street from Manchester arena. Nice tidy reception, very helpful staff who gave me a membership card which discounts food and drink at the bar. The room was clean and the double bed was comfortable. Plenty of tea/coffee , free WiFi, use of the gym and a safe in the room. To be honest it’s pretty much what you expect from any city center hotel. The price is £95 which again is relatively average for most non London city hotels. The real winner is that it’s the nicest for the price that’s within walking distance of the arena. If your going to see a concert or show at the MEC than this is the place. I had to walk out the hotel and cross one road to get to the arena. That’s worth the booking alone. No parking of its own but the arena has a car park that’s secure for £18.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear bobcat1979,

This is wonderful to read!
I am really happy we managed to create such a good impression and I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Good location for Manchester Arena.
Nice modern hotel with good facilities, decent sized rooms, comfortable beds.
The food in the restaurant is average and fairly expensive.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming, with good service throughout.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn

Dear peaberry_uk,

Thank you very much for your review!
I am happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay, and I hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in for an overnight stop. Gorgeous room (standard double) and immaculately clean and modern. Definitely one of the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel. All staff were friendly and helpful, even down to the housekeeper we met on leaving who checked we had got our toothbrushes and phone chargers. Restaurant was lovely too with great meaty and veggie burgers (they do other stuff too). A really nice place to stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear WendiH4,

This is wonderful to read!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Stayed 1 night as we were attending a concert at the MEN Arena.
No parking onsite but is available at the MCP Arena carpark, 3 minutes walk away, plus you get 20% discount on your ticket when leaving the carpark. It cost us £16 to park, which is commensurate with City Parking.

First, the good bits - The Park Inn is brilliantly situated for the MEN and areas such as the Printworks, where we ate prior to the concert. The bedrooms are reasonably large and well soundproofed from the outside (we were on the second floor and heard no traffic), in addition there were black out curtains which enhanced the sleep experience.
The beds are Superkings and very comfortable, and the shower room was nicely presented, but...

The room was nothing special for a hotel that is supposedly 4 star, it had no "wow" factor for me. I realise it is City Centre and therefore premium prices, however, I have stayed in lesser chain hotels and had better equipped rooms. I know it's a minor quibble but most hotels where tea/coffee is provided actually leave packets of biscuits etc. In addition, the decor was drab. The shower also leaked which didn't enhance the shower experience! Plus, no nice toiletries, just dispensers on the wall, would have expected better.

However, the room was air conditioned which worked well, clean and had a large LCD TV.

After the concert, it was refreshing to see that there was security checking people's key cards on returning to the hotel.

Breakfast could definitely be improved upon. Yes a decent choice and variety, however, for a 4 star hotel, not quite up to standard I would expect.

Choice of hot and cold buffet items, with the hot items being under heated containers (it would have been helpful to have labels, so you didn't have to lift the lid to see what it was underneath). Very basic selection of hot breakfast items.
Breakfast was ok, but like the rest of the stay, a bit "meh" to be honest and I wasn't inspired by the Park Inn, as it didn't offer anything special, considering the amount of money we paid.

Sorry to say, but I wouldn't return.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Giada Z, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Dear

Thank you for your review. I am of course disappointed in reading that your experience was not 100% satisfactory and I will follow up on the things you have highlighted.
Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently, great distance from Manchester Arena, restaurants and bars. No parking available at hotel but lots of car parks nearby. Rooms ok but no bath in our room which was disappointing. Breakfast was relaxed and lots to choose from. Our stay was slightly ruined as we were treated terribly by one of the bar staff. My partner went to bar and bought drinks, when he returned to table he realised he had been given change for £10 but had paid with £20, he went back to bar and was told this was not true (it was as we had just had a conversation before he went to bar about the fact we only had £20 cash on us) we were made to feel like we were lying and no checks were made to verify. We left bar. For this reason we would not return to this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Joanna,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is of course with great disappointment that I read you review as this is definitely not the level of service we aim to provide.
I am sorry if your complaint was not acknowledged but should you want to discuss this any further please do not hesitate to contact me at giada.zanoni @rezidorparkinn.com.