“disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

don't go if you love real Italian food. pizzas were small and just average, starters were misleading (the menu says "bruschetta and focaccia", but we were presented with three pieces of toasted bread). the worst part was dessert: pistachio ice cream with chocolate brownie. the ice-cream was almond, not pistachio, and the brownies were really dry and tough - they sell nicer ones in sainsbury's next door.
I can't complain about the bill, which was very cheap, but I expected more in terms of quality and service. there were only a couple of waiters on a saturday night, so we ended up waiting a long time (especially for the bill).
I will not go again as there's so much choice in Manchester!

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the palace hotel and asked the receptionist where the nearest Italian was and she told us about this place. So glad she did as I think we would of walked past it without seeing it!! Note to manager - needs to be lit more!!! After a shaky start (the waiter broke 2 glasses!!) we had a good laugh with him and the service was excellent! Now onto the food - I live for pizza- my favourite food ever!!! But the pizza I had was truly the BEST I've ever tasted!!!! It's not often I go to manchester and I don't know my way around but if I think I'm ever close I will make a special effort to go there again!!!! Love it!!!

1  Thank Ali_Parker
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Awful service. 30 minutes for a starter. No complementary offer of a drink. Rude waitress. She seemed to be a aggrieved at waiting for us to decide. Then when we did order it took far too long but no explanation as to why. No management presence. Management were asked yo check for us and the manager didnt actually speak just nodded his head as if to say "yeah i know we messed it up". Thing is, we had been told it would get busy due to the theatre so we turned up early and before everyone to still be served dreadfully. Just generally awful.

1  Thank David O
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Ate here during a business trip by myself, and found the food great and the service non intrusive. They didn't bother me unless I looked like I needed something which I appreciated while I was reviewing my work. One of the best lamb shanks I have eaten, great sides with the meal as well.

2  Thank Marta S
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I visited Felicini with colleagues in the run up to Christmas, and ordered from the special Christmas menu. The starter - a selection of olives, flatbread, dips, dolmades, chorizo etc to share - was appetizing, although the flatbread was extremely salty. For the main course I had steak and chips, but my meat (and that of several of my fellow diners) was of low quality, and unpleasantly tough and stringy. The house sparkling wine is poor.

The restaurant is alongside the canal, opposite the former BBC site on Oxford Street. It has a series of rooms including a conservatory at the rear. The acoustics, however, were such that the room felt very nosiy and conversation was difficult when it was full.

1  Thank Family152