Open today: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Review Highlights
Incredible history

Gorgeous place, we were welcomed by two ushers and there was a service going on. We could quietly... read more

Reviewed yesterday
JADEG588
via mobile
What a surprise

Having been to Manchester so many times I've lost count, but never went to visit the cathedral... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago

from US$47.00
from US$20.80
from US$16.10
1,153 results
All reviews the stained glass windows choir stalls light a candle beautiful building worth a visit lots of history organ worship architecture scaffolding prayer carvings nave pews evensong misericords blitz
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Very close to Victoria Station and next to Chetham's Library and Music School id this lovely little cathedral. Admission is free - though a voluntary donation of £3 is encouraged. Incredible stained glass windows and the choir stalls help create a wonderful peaceful atmosphere in the heart of Manchester city centre.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We visited Manchester for a few days and visited some places of interest, town hall, art gallery and the cathedral, it was right in the middle of everything but beautiful and serene, there were pieces of art inside, beautiful stained glass windows, it was very peaceful and and ideal spot to sit and recharge your batteries

Reviewed March 29, 2018

Beautiful, calm cathedral. An oasis of peace near the centre of Manchester. Much larger than I expected. Well worth a look.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

My husband and I visited this magnificent cathedral. So glad we didn’t miss it. Beautiful stained glass windows and angels round the ceiling. Well worth a visit. Definitely recommend it.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

Visited the cathedral to see Jamie Lawson in concert there. It was an eyeopener. First off, first time I've heard a rock/concert in a cathedral. Second off, first time I've seen a bar in a cathedral and people drunk in a cathedral. And third-off, first time I've heard a swear word in a cathedral. Jamie pulled out all the stops with his backing band on a stage inside what most be one of the most interesting and unique and old indoor venues I've ever attended live music. Sound system was suberb, acoustics inside the vast area - napes and transepts and all the architecture - were superb, and it was a truly cracking gig, a great and moving setlist, the soundtrack of my lovelife, from a vastly-under-rated artist at a wonderful venue. I would have taken photos with my SLR but the exterior is currently shrouded in scaffolding for renovation work. And my phone inside the gig wasn't up to the mark.