The Midland
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
5,409 results
All reviewsmr coopersafternoon teaq hotelsoctagon loungebeautiful hotelsuperior roomfantastic staymini barreception areacentral manchestersaturday nightlovely roomcooked breakfastcity centrestayed for one nightmember of staffmidlands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Although the room was very nice and the free upgrade much appreciated, overall, I was very disappointed with the service. When I arrived with lots of luggage, there was nobody to even open the door, never mind help with my cases. Service in the bar is very slow and the food I had was nothing remotely special. Some of the staff are very professional and helpful, others do not seem to care in the slightest. I phoned down for help with my luggage before I checked out, but nobody came. And there was no offer of help to a taxi, or even to open the door. Also, if you want anything like Eggs Benedict, you have to pay a supplement on top of the cost of breakfast. I was rather surprised by this, as usually, it is part of your breakfast choice? The location is excellent and the rooms are very clean, but I would not choose to stay here again. I prefer the hotel just down the road from this one.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
eyale16, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear smpowers8,

I'm sorry to see your disappointment regarding your recent stay with us and I can only apologise the hotel failed to meet your expectations. Please be assured all your constructive points have been fed back to the relevant managers for further consideration.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed overnight for a conference - absolutely stunning hotel inside. Rooms were comfortable and what you'd expect from Q-hotels. Dining was good, and able to accommodate to gluten free. Would stay for a personal trip in a great city-centre location!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear pookie8911,

I'm so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us whilst visiting on business, your comments are all much appreciated.

I'm glad you would choose to return to The Midland for a personal trip, therefore I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I Recently visited the refurbished Midland for a social occasion to be warmly greeted by Paul Pinner who as is his usual practice left no stone unturned in making our visit a very pleasant experience.

Paul exercises professionalism, care and a friendly manner in equal measure a very pleasing combination, ensuring once again our visit was special. Lynn

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
eyale16, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Lynn,

I am so pleased to read how impressed you were with the new look of the Octagon lounge bar at The Midland Hotel. I'll be
sure to pass on your compliments to Paul, who I know will be delighted.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Midland soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had a 2 night stay here and found the hotel as good as any we have stayed in for a city centre break. Spacious throughout, wonderful old building but well restored to modern standards. Nice room, 3 easy chairs and comfortable bed. Not too hot which is often the case. Very good breakfast, didn't try the restaurant but had well prepared cocktails in the bar. And very friendly staff throughout the hotel. Great location right by the city centre.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rjcjtraveller

Dear rjcjtraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share a wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us, your comments are much appreciated.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Midland in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

For my boyfriends 30th birthday, I booked an overnight spa break at The Midland. From start to finish the visit was flawless, at reception the staff were lovely, the hotel room was exceptional, with a handwritten note and cake wishing my boyfriend a Happy 30th Birthday. At 2.30 we went to the spa and had a treatment each. The staff, again, were very welcoming and our treatments were fab! The facilities were to a very high standard and we felt very indulged! We enjoyed a delicious evening meal in Mr Coopers and nothing was too much for the staff, all were so friendly and helpful. We were made to feel special throughout the trip and will most definitely be visiting again. Thank you so much for a most pleasant stay!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Olivia H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at The Midland, I'm so pleased to see you enjoyed many elements of your special stay.

Happy 30th birthday to your boyfriend again! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you both back in the future.