“Lovely anniversary meal!”

Price range: US$13 - US$59
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Didsbury
Description: No.4 Dine and Wine opened in 2005 and has gone from strength to strength with a huge amount of regular customers from Didsbury and surrounding areas.Still owned and managed by Paul & Nina Burton who take part in the day to day running of the restaurant with a small team of friendly loyal staff.Menus are seasonal using fresh ingredients. All dishes are homemade including bread baked every day, desserts and their popular chocolate truffles served with coffee.Ideal for a relaxed meal whether popping in for an early dinner or a special occasion. Small parties can also be catered for.Friendly & efficient service with the chance to watch the chefs in the kitchen! Booking advisable but not always essential.
Reviewed August 30, 2018

We booked a table at No 4 for our wedding anniversary and had a really lovely evening. The restaurant is small and cosy, the owner welcoming. We had the 2 courses for around £16, starters and mains. Spoilt for choice but eventually I decided on a delicious toasted brioche with a creamy, Madeira flavoured mushroom topping followed by confit of duck on a bed of rösti potatoes, spinach & mushrooms with a delicious sauce. Puddings were tempting but I was too full! Excellent, courteous service. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Went for my son's birthday meal and it was fantastic. Everything we ordered was exceptional. We will be going again.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

We popped round the corner from our hotel for a quiet bite to eat after a long car journey. We chose this restaurant as it was rated no 1 on Trip Adviser for Didsbury and it lived up to all expectations. The restaurant is tiny, only around 18 covers downstairs (and you only want to eat downstairs) and you need to book ahead, on any day of the week. The food is very good, I had asparagus to start and rack of lamb to follow and both were delicious.

Service is very friendly and efficient. There’s a great variety of gin available. Although the wine list is very limited, I was persuaded to try the Romanian Pinot Noir and it was fine, but maybe adding a greater variety of wines to the wine list would be a good idea.

We had aperitifs and two courses from the a la carte menu for £75 in total, so I reckon that is a good night out for food of this quality. Well done Trip Adviser!

1  Thank Katherine D
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

We were really impressed: we know Didsbury well but good to find a stylish independent bistro: lovely service and ooo great cheese board : served at room temperature: well done!

Reviewed July 20, 2018

An ominous feeling came over me as we followed another 4 diners upstairs to a rather bleak looking dining area. We three were sat at one end where one of my daughters faced a boring window without a view. It was incredibly hot. There were 2 fans at either end but, y’know, you don’t want them blasting in your face or cooling your food so we asked for one of them to be turned away. It was my twin daughters 29th birthday and I suddenly had that awful sinking feeling a parent gets when they have hoped for a lot more than a cramped setting in a dull atmosphere. My girls said their food was ‘nice’ (average) and the service was good, but my own steak was horribly grisly. I expect this restaurant gets by quite adequately on local custom. But as for out-of-towners like us…Nah! It was a big disappointment..

2  Thank sallyjmckenzie