1,353 results
All reviews tuck box winter garden elemis toiletries insurance company refuge assurance real milk fresh milk in the fridge beautiful hotel amazing building original features deluxe room oxford road train station palace theatre little touches beautiful room birthday treat breakfast was delicious
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Our room wasn't ready until around 4.30pm which was a bit frustrating, although they have us a drinks voucher . The mattress was also very uncomfortable. That being said, the room was otherwise lovely, with an amazing shower and lovely toiletries and snack tray. Pricey but but you are paying for a very central location. Literally two minutes from Oxford Road station and the Palace Theatre.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Peter K, General Manager at The Principal Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kathryn D,

Thank you for sharing your very detailed feedback.

Clearly, there were areas of your stay which you enjoyed and also areas where improvements could have been made. However, it is always very useful to hear the opinions of our guests so that we can make improvements wherever necessary.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and I hope you can visit us again soon.

Best regards

Peter Kienast, General Manager

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The building is beautiful , as is the lobby , bar & restaurant. However our little room was awful.
It felt damp & had no thermostat to change the temperature. It was either freezing cold or very warm.
The room was very noisy , above the bar area . The large windows did not keep our the noise of the thumping bass late into the night .
The rooms have no mini bar & the room service offerings are very basic. Consisting of mainly toasted sandwiches .
The breakfast was cold & bland .
Not impressed for a luxury hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank marcmS5213GO

Dear marcmS5213GO

I sincerely appreciate your feedback on your stay at The Principal Manchester.

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and would like to emphasise how very disappointed I was to read that your personal experience did not completely meet with your expectations due the issues you experienced with the room allocated, for which I truly and sincerely apologise for.

We would like to discuss further so if you could contact my duty manager Adelina Misina at adelina.misina@ihg.com we will like to invite you to visit us again.

In the meantime I remain trusting we will hear back from you

Best regards,
Peter Kienast

Reviewed November 5, 2018

A good hotel, very welcoming... staff were all courteous and very helpful.
Could have done without the homeless people sleeping all around the venue as well as beggars and drug users asking for money...., but that's Manchester's fault, not the hotels.
..my issue was asking to be relocated as our large room had a bath and no shower.
I was assured that this would be sorted that day - which it was - .. to a pokey room much smaller than our original.
Not very happy... they should really be across this a little more.

Date of stay: September 2018

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for you kind compliments about the hotel and members of staff in general.
I am glad that overall your stay with us met your expectations.

Please let me know if you intend to stay with us again and I will make sure we allocate a room to meet your requirements.

Kind Regards
Peter Kienast

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Loved this hotel probably one of the best I have stayed in with character. I felt like a pupil just starting at Hogwarts. The architecture is absolutely magical. The hotel corridors at each turn have something new at which to see and marvel. A room full of safes! I had a very lovely restful nights sleep in an interior view room. The bed was exceedingly comfortable and the pillows were amazingly soft. Breakfast buffet was comprehensive and well stocked. Everything is very high quality - true luxury. Would return in a heartbeat.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear BonnieNunny,

I sincerely appreciate your generous feedback in regards to your recent stay at The Principal Manchester.

I was amazed to read your kind compliments towards our level of services as well as towards our amazing building and members of staff in general.

It is definitely with great pleasure that I thank you for making us you hotel of choice in Manchester.

In the meantime we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Kind regards, Peter Kienast General Manager

Reviewed November 3, 2018

Second time time at the Principal this year, again in one of the high ceiling family rooms, two big beds. Staff were superb, friendly and professional. Room service was quick. Our children given some halloween stuff and made to feel welcome.

I like the gym a lot. All the machines you need and although I've only been in there before 9am I'd typically be alone or with one other person.

Food in the restaurant is excellent and we ate there a couple of times as well as breakfast (excellent also). I forgot to book Sunday lunch (for 7 oops) in the restaurant and the Concierge got us into Jamie's despite Manchester being full for a home game at Old Trafford. Saved me really.

All together a great feeling. I struggle to switch off from work but at the Principal I find it very easy to do.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Peter K, General Manager at The Principal Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2018

Dear Mikes1stworldproblem,

Thank you kindly for having shared your positive comments with our readers.

I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our services and facilities have entirely met with your expectations.

Your valued words and description of our bedrooms and facilities are vital in our on-going efforts to deliver our brand standards and herewith sincerely appreciate your preference.

It a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards, Peter Kienast General Manager