“Comfortable hotel”

Good Hotel, convenient for the airport. Reasonably priced, clean rooms

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
John O, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Janeyjou,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our hotel. We do hope you'll return and visit us next time you're in the area.

Kind regards,

John O'Reilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We shipped our 4 month old puppy, Freeway, to Dubai with Emirates Skycargo ex Manchester Airport and I booked myself onto the same flight. Unfortunately it was subject to a 15 hour overnight delay! Just before Emirates announced that passengers who didn't live close by would be put up in City hotels, they pulled me aside and asked if I would like to leave the dog in Quarantine, where he'd be fed but still stuck in his crate (no thanks!) or if I had a friend who could take him for the night. It was too late to impose on friends and family, almost an hour's drive to the dog friendly City hotel on offer, PLUS I had to collect a mountain of luggage and check it and the dog back in at 7am. So, with google's help, I booked the two of us into the dog-friendly Etrop Grange right by the airport, at my own expense, and went straight there, via Cargo (in tears because the first cab driver refused to take a 4kg dog in a crate). This proved to be A Good Call. From the front desk manager who greeted me, to the 3 people who ran to my aid when they saw all the luggage (no lift), and the breakfast staff the next day, the personnel at Etrop Grange were totally fantastic. They made an enormous fuss of my cute puppy, who by now had been stuck in a crate for 7 hours and travelled all of 3 miles. He was bored stiff and kept me awake all night playing and chewing. So I didn't get much sleep, despite it being a very comfortable and cosy room with soft bedding, plenty of hot water, tea-making paraphernalia, clean towels and all that jazz. Next morning, the hotel's amazing driver Peter helped me to get the luggage down (dog crate included) and took me to Emirates Cargo to check in the puppy at 7am, where I was tipped off that the flight wouldn't really depart until closer to 11am. Peter then drove me to Check In (which took AGES as the buses had tipped all the delayed passengers at the airport at the same time). He picked me up again and took me back to Cargo (in between his next two pick ups/drop offs) so that I could give the dog a proper walk. Then he returned me to the Terminal again. We loved Peter; he is an absolute SAINT! After living in London for 20 years, I suspect we were probably on the receiving end of far greater kindness in Manchester - not only from the Etrop Grange team but also from Emirates and Sky Cargo - than we would have been at Heathrow. Everybody was so considerate, sweet and patient. We are now safely home and living happily ever after. Hurrah!

Room Tip: This being a last minute booking on a busy night, there were no ground floor rooms available and no...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DanielleNay
John O, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear DanielleNay,

I was so pleased to read your review as the staff at the hotel were talking about your adorable puppy for days after you'd left! We always aim to accommodate people no matter what the circumstance and I'm happy to see that this time was no different.
I will ensure that your lovely comments are passed along to Peter, he will be most pleased to know he left a lasting impression with you.
We look forward to seeing you and Freeway in the future!

Kind regards,

John O'Reilly
Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Booked a double suite prior to our cruise departure usually stay at Hilton but fancied a change! What a good idea this hotel is cosy warm and welcoming from the start. We arrived a day early lucky us it meant we booked an extra night (no fuss made by hotel) had 2 excellent nights stay. Small comfortable bar, lovely dining room with excellent food, four poster bed and a great nights sleep. What more do you want oh yes good value for money! Will definately be staying again and recommending to friends.

Room Tip: We booked a suite but had a look at standard they were just as nice but we had a sofa and coffee tab...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelCheshire, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for your kind comments.
regards
Etrop
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We recently became engaged and went to the hotel to have a look around as a potential wedding venue. We decided to dine in the restaurant while we were there to try out the food and service, we were not disappointed. The hotel was immaculate, the staff couldn't do enough for us (Ben especially) and the food was out of this world. The hotel very quickly moved to the top of our short list.

Room Tip: Having not stayed at the hotel it would be hard to say but having looked at the rooms I can't sa...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
East Alton, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I was in the UK on business, and had a flight back to the USA out of Manchester, so I picked the Etrop Grange because it was close to the airport, and a very elegant old hotel. My room was modern with a canopy bed. ( Too bad my wife was not with me.) The bar is small but it had a nice decor and great beer. The restaurant was excllent. Le Canard Confit est tres excellent! Now for the negative. The Wi Fi did not work in my room, and I could not dial the USA from my room phone (it worked in other UK hotels). I had to dial from the lobby phone, so no lovey talk with the wife! (My Verizon mobile did not work in the UK) The front desk had no explanation for either problem. The next day I had a private shuttle to the airport which was great. So if you don't need Wi Fi or a USA call from your room, this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Not easy to find. So use a cab or shuttle if you are at the airport.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Booked a double room for one night only, prior to departing for holiday the following morning.
First time at this hotel, as it was reccommended by a friend.
Booked the park and fly option. it was flawless, from start to finish. Our car was dropped off at the airport 10 minutes after we rang them. Also hotel transfer was spot on! thanks Peter.
As soon as we walked through the door , there was a warm welcome, and help with our luggage from the car to the room. Thanks Peter.
I would especially like to mention the excellent service from Peter, who helped with the airport transfer and other incidents that he was able to help us with above and beyond the call of duty,

I would also like to thank Cherry in the restaurant for her excellent professonalism, and attention to detail, also she always had a kind word and a smile to go with it.

The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. NO aircraft noise disturbance whatsoever. Checkout was smooth.
I will definately book this hotel again when travelling to and from the airport.
Well done everyone. does what it says on the tin.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

My beautiful wife and I decided to hold our wedding reception at this lovely country house style hotel. We had looked at several venues before making our final choice but as soon as she saw this place there really was only one choice for her. The events manager was really lovely, very helpful and professional and made sure everything was in place for us to ensure all went according to plan.

The staff, the venue and the food were fantastic. The master of ceremonies was brilliant and made sure we were well looked after right up until we left the following morning. I really couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough

Room Tip: Well we had the bridal suite so if you can get that then go for it
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple