“Clean, good facilities but only suitable for a short stay”

Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Ranked #44 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed here in March 2012 as we had a 5 night stay in Manchester to visit friends and family and this hotel was central to where we needed to visit during our stay.

The hotel was staffed to a good level, the facilities are fine - well within what you would expect for the price (the gym was an unexpected bonus) and overall the service was good.

Obviously the hotel targets short stays for flight connections and so therefore we found the room to be quite small with very limited storage space for a 5 night stay and also the menu in the restaurant is fairly short and easy to get bored of.

Overall though, would I stay here again - yes I would.

Room Tip: Short stays only.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed here recently 27/02/2012, I have a Priority card but had no problems. We had booked 2 rooms and parking for 2 weeks with Holiday Extra's. On arrival the receptionist was very helpful and pleasant, we were checked in promptly and we decided to upgrade to the club rooms. Used the club room lounge, made use of the free drinks 6pm to 8pm! Next morning enjoyed a good breakfast...all part of the package with club rooms. Rooms were clean and comfy.
No issues next morning with our transfer to the airport. On return we were collected within ten minutes and our driver was really first class, 5am in the morning after a long haul flight you just want to get to your car and go home. The driver even went in to the hotel, collected our car keys and made sure we found where our car was...would like to say thank you was too tired at the time! We all said we would book this hotel again for overnight stay and parking.

Room Tip: Club rooms are located in a quieter area and on the top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ella2008Wales
Reviewed 23 March 2012

we stayed here the night before flying. we paid on superbreaks which worked out cheaper. we also had 8 nights parking. The staff were very helpfull and there were 3 restaraunts and room service to choose from, all with different menus. the room was lovely with extra special toilettries and free sleep pillow spray which worked wonders.
The shuttle bus was free and very efficent, it was very busy but we still only had to wait 10mins max.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 23 March 2012

What is wrong with these people, we stayed here before our early morning flight, we were greeted by polite and efficient reception staff, the bed was clean and extremely comfortable, we ate in the restaurant where the food was ok but the service absolutely fine. We had an early morning call and the transfer to the terminal at 4.30am was also extremely efficient with no waiting whatsoever. When we returned we were collected within 5 minutes and the car was where they said it was. What more do you want from an airport hotel? Also, if you check you paperwork it does state that you give your permission for your car to be taken off site and brought back for your return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elaine2454
Reviewed 22 March 2012

all I can say is if you want to be greeted by an old nasty receptionist who has got a problem with children then you might like this place I paid £108 to be treated like rubbish,
waited over 30 min to be checked in then given a room that was at the far end of the hotel and the key would not work, after 1 hour managed to get in to room. Decided that as it was late would eat at bar £60 for 2adults 3 children. result spent all night ill. please dont stay at this hotel you have plentey of choices cheaper and better

Room Tip: dont book this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

apjnnp,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

The only good thing i can say about this hotel is the location right opposite the terminal but other than that it was dreadful.
on arrival the receptionist was rude and didn't seem to have a clue what she was doing took her 20 minutes to check us in and all that time she made us feel very unwelcome.she gave us a room on the far end of the hotel and forgot to activate the key so we had to go all the way back ,she didnt even the apologise.
we had dinner in the hotel that night which was very overprised for small portions and not a great selection.within hours the food had made me very ill,not a great start to the holiday
in the morning we wanted to take the shuttle to the terminal but it was such a small shuttle there was no room for us and we ended up walking with 3 kids and 3 large suitcases while still being sick every 5 minutes.
thanks to crowne plaza the first 4 days of my holiday were ruined when we complained we received an email saying thank you for you positive comments we appreciate it .they dont even bother to read the emails .
this hotel only gets 4 stars for its location because the service is appaling i have stayed in better etaps than this

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

p1979Leeds,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

What can I say about the Manchester Crowne Plaza Hotel which includes an overnight stay with 8 days parking for £95?
We stayed on the 28th February 2012 and returned from out holiday some 7 days later to collect our car from the Hotel grounds. Let me also say that I am a member of their platinum club, their highest award. This platinum status makes you instantly recognisable to their staff on arrival and during your stay. It may even include some perks if appropriate, such as room upgrade etc.
On 28th February, we checked in. The Hotel had no record of who we were or the reason for our visit. Desk staff could not find our reservation and in the end had to ask us why we were here and the reason for our booking, to which I replied, “I thought you would know as we are platinum club members”.
I had parked our car securely at the back of the Crowne Plaza Hotel in zone 5. We returned from holiday on 7th March at 10.30pm, having had a 6 hour flight and 3 hours wait pre take off. We were a bit run down and still had another 4 hour drive home from the Hotel still to do.
I eventually collected my keys from reception, although after waiting 15 minutes with no one even acknowledging us, I had to shout to behind their desk if anyone was there. Keys now in hand, off we set to find our car which was not where I had parked it on arrival. Also, it had additional miles on the clock, my sat navigation reset and tampered with, the electronic driving seat adjusted to someone else’s position. Where had the car been?
On my return home and a day or so later, I sent an E mail to Crowne Plaza asking for an explanation to all these points and heard nothing from them. So after a week sent another E mail and have still heard nothing, not even an acknowledgement of either E mail. I want to know what has happened to my car whilst left in their care, who wouldn’t?
So, if you are thinking of using Crowne Plaza Manchester airport, please remember what happened to us and their indifference with customer service.
At the very least you would have thought they would acknowledge two E mails from a valued customer. Perhaps they think that if they do nothing people will give up and go away. There are many Hotels to use at Manchester airport who offer parking and overnight stays, I’ll think twice before I leave my car here ever again. At 17th March 2012, some 10 days after our return from holiday, we have still not heard a thing from Crowne Plaza. Disgraceful!
See another review from Scrappy485 which confirms my views. Premier Inns look a good option in future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank J4NOD
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

NODNewcastleuponTyne,