All reviewswillowbank hotelcity centresecure parkingcurry ricesuperior roomsingle roomreception stafffull englishstayed for one nightgood nights sleepfallowfieldchristiedidsburyconcert
Reviewed May 20, 2018

Excellent double room, very recently refurbished. Smart decor and upmarket feel. Free drink at the hotel bar as part of our deal. Fabulous varied buffet breakfast in the morning. Would definitely recommend to anyone.
The only caution is be careful of picking up a camera fine as we did, by wandering into the bus lane just outside the entrance.

Stayed: March 2018
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Dear Guest
Thanks for your great review of the Hallmark Inn. Room 32 is probably one of our best rooms, guests love it. I will pas son your thanks to the rest of the team.

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Myself and brother stayed here over the weekend just passed. We were in Manchester for a family birthday and stayed in 2 rooms for 2 nights. We have no complaints about the public areas or the cleanliness or size of bedrooms. This hotel is badly let down by the standard of the staff. When we arrived we thought to have a s/which & a long drink. This was 12.30pm & the kitchen & bar were closed!! The attitude of the receptionist was terrible & he lacked any professionalism. He just kept repeating there was nothing he could do. Most hotels of any repute could at least make a s/which. & I certainly can't understand how he couldn't have at least given us a soft drink from behind the bar. My brother is disabled so we were tired after our journey & really didn't want to go out & start looking for somewhere to eat.
The other thing that lets the hotel down badly is the breakfast, it must be the worst We have ever had in a hotel. Waters down juices, fruit salad that was disgusting and the cooked items were all really tasteless & badly displayed. Even the bread for toast was tasteless !! I am in the catering industry & know that all the breakfast items were the cheapest of the cheap products. This hotel was not cheap £70pppn.In short this hotel is let down by staff that couldn't care less & extremely poor breakfast. Ps . The girl that took our room numbers at breakfast who I would say should greet you with a smile & a cheerful good morning was the most sullen girl ever & didn't even look up from the desk !! Needless to say we will definitely never be back & will tell all our friends to never book this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments.
I am sorry that we could not accommodate any food for you during your visit as we did not have a chef on duty until the evening, as we are an Inn we do have reduced services which include not having a restaurant in the evening. Its nice to hear that you enjoyed the bedroom and the cleanliness.
Regarding breakfast i will speak with he breakfast supervisor to ensure standards are met.
We have a standardized breakfast buffet across the group, we use reputable suppliers and have never has an issue with our cooked selection, we use fresh bread and also orange juice which is certainly not watered down.
Your comments are appreciated and will be investigated.

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hallmark Inn for 1 night. The hotel is just over 3 miles from the centre of Manchester. A black cab to the hotel cost me £14 and a taxi back into the centre the following morning £11 Reception looked very impressive and the reception was very professional and welcoming.However after going through the double doors onto the main corridor thought id gone to another building. There was a musty smell,ripped wallpaper and damage to the walls. I was allocated room 80.Room poky,dated,grubby,definitely not one used in the photos to advertise the hotel!,Room extremely cold as the window would not close properly and the catch was faulty so lots of outside noise and dingy roller blind up at the window which blew about all night. There was a radiator in the room but the heating went off overnight. Following this the heating pipes were banging all night. There was a double bed but hardly any room on either side of it to move around plus the side near to the window was absolutely freezing due to the draught.. The wardrobe doors, bathroom door and dressing table top felt dirty and sticky. There were tea and coffee facilities in the room, the mugs were clean but spoons filthy. Bedding and towels looked clean but had a musty smell,ended up putting my coat over the pillows during the night to hide the smell. Bathroom left a lot to be desired,scum round the bath, long black hairs on the bathroom floor and toilet flush faulty.On entering the dining room for breakfast there next day there was no member of staff at the entrance so after waiting a good 5 minutes I decided to find a table myself. At this i was suddenly approached by a waitress who very abruptly asked for my room number and asked if I wanted tea or coffee. I found a table and went to get some food. The containers for the pastries and porridge and some of the cooked food were empty. The sausages were lukewarm and tasteless and the scrambled egg tasted sweet.Expensive breakfast for toast,juice and coffee! I paid £70 for 1 night in this nightmare establishment. I would definitely advise anyone considering staying here to take the taxi fares into into consideration and stay somewhere closer to the centre and far better than this place. I have stayed in many places and can honestly say this particular hotel is the worst, I would rather cancel my trip to Manchester than think I had to stay here again

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank pimmsy04
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments following on from your stay.
Its unfortunate that you had so many issues when you stayed, we would have been able to move you to a different room had you brought this to our attention whilst you were in the hotel. Room 80 where you had stayed has been recently refurbished with a new carpet, full paint and work in the bathroom, it is on the small side and we do have more spacious rooms.
I will investigate the cleanliness of the bedroom as there is no excuse for poor standards of cleanliness.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed May 4, 2018

lovely friendly hotel and staff very helpful just on the outskirts of manchester stayed here a few times before and would reccommend it a stones throw from a supermarket and a few nice pubs very good breakfast

Room Tip: side rooms from the road are quiter
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review! Its always nice to hear such genuine reviews of the Inn. I will pass on your thanks to the rest of the team.

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Paid for a superior room which was tiny! Tiny bed and couldn't move around the room without squeezing round things. Bathroom was nice clean and modern however. There was no table for my partner to sit down and do her makeup as the only table we have didn't have a mirror and there was no room for anything on due to coffee tray taking up all of the room.

Another note is the robes that were provided had what looked like fake tan on! Which means they hadn't been cleaned which made me think how clean the actually room was.

Won't be using this hotel again stopped in a number of Hallmarks and they have always been good this one is poor

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following on from your stay with us. I do apologize for the issues you encountered, room 23 is a small rooms you mention.
There is no excuse for poor standard of cleanliness, the robes should have been checked before they went in the bedrooms.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.