2,833 results
All reviewscorner suitepiccadilly stationmini barsuperior roomcooked breakfastan upgradereception staffcomfy bedsaturday nightcity centrelovely roomnorthern quarterstayed for one nightcanal streetyogurtmalmasiontoiletries
Reviewed July 2, 2015

I have been a reasonably regular visitor to the Mal Manchester for the past 5 years. It's conveniently located, reasonably good value and has generally been a pleasant experience (staff and food both good). Over the years, it does not seem to have spent maintenance money and the hotel feels slightly shabby. Over the past 12 months, I have stayed elsewhere in town at other boutique hotels when availability allows.

I stayed again earlier this week and was given a room overlooking the turning into Piccadilly station (despite a request for a quiet room) on arriving late in the evening. The traffic noise was unbearable. I requested to change rooms but was informed the hotel was full, nothing we can do.

Frankly, at £150+ for a night, it's unacceptable to provide a room one cannot sleep in due to noise. I mentioned all of this to the receptionist at check out, who apologised (polite but unhelpful) and took my email address to enable further investigation. I have heard nothing, which is worse than if they had not requested contact details.

I'll choose to stay elsewhere for future business in Manchester.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank L0ndonGent
Reviewed July 1, 2015

Nice room, no view from window other than the side of a neighboring building which made the room somewhat dark. The room was nice though with a well stocked fridge/mini bar, iron and ironing board. Maybe if you get offered a cheap ish upgrade you may get a room with a view. Oh and by ordering breakfast online at the time of booking we got a complimentary cocktail. Breakfast was nice with a fresh cooked Malmaison version of a full English.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2015 via mobile

Good value, good staff and really nice rooms.

I would choose Malmaison over any other hotel if there is one in the place I am visiting. This visit was for one night in the most basic room and everything was almost perfect, maybe just some electrical sockets next to the bed to charge the phone would have made it spot on.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2015

I have been a regular visitor to the Malmaison (growing) chain since they were new entrants to the market some 10-12 years ago.
Manchester was the first in the chain I tried and returning it had certainly had a revamp in the downstairs public areas and brasserie. Now with a ubiquitous Starbucks (shame) and a very good public bar area. The complementary cocktails with my booking were a very pleasant (and well made) bonus.
The room was well appointed (with an upgrade to a corner suite) - Some nice plush touches (electronic curtains, good sound and video systems) although could do with some operating instructions.
The bed was great although may be a little firm for some tastes. The bathroom and rainfall shower equally good. Some missing Mal touches (less in the way of Aran Aromatics and toiletries).
Staff were polite, helpful and friendly. Breakfast and evening meals were good value, good quality and in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
A little tired in places (wallpaper starting to peel in my room), some surfaces scratched which takes away from the overall impression of a good quality hotel.
Parking was good value (15% discounted on production of the ticket) in the adjoining NCP car park about 2 minutes from the Malmaison.
Well positioned for Manchester Piccadilly station, the gay village, canal street and the city centre. Not the cheapest in the city but still very much one of the better locations. I would certainly go back again.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2015 via mobile

Well what can I say other than wow! What a fantastic place to stay. My partner booked this as we were going to an event in manchester but we were also travelling from Piccadilly train station early the next day. From entering the hotel to checking out was a fantastic experience. The staff were extremely helpful and the up grade on our room to a suite was a very nice suprise. I would love to come back to enjoy the other facilities that the hotel has to offer.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends