1,636 results
All reviews northern quarter city centre scrambled egg and beans stayed here huge shower minute walk sofa bed breakfast was included free wifi the breakfast area car park yogurt victoria station modern hotel print works would stay again sat nav
Reviewed November 5, 2018

The hotel was fine ... usual. Good. Clean. I'm writing to praise a receptionist by name: Musa Sesay. We'd travelled far through rain, cold, etc., and Mr. Sesay was so cheerful and friendly and helpful that the sun began to shine. The rest of the hotel pales a little in memory. This review is for Mr. Sesay: with thanks.

Room tip: Try not to be on the main drag. It's a city centre hotel.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel - being a 'Holiday Inn' chain I wasn't hoping for anything fancy but I couldn't really fault it. The hotel was very clean for starters- the bedroom, corridors, dining hall where breakfast is served and main toilets. The beds were very comfy even with an extra thought of both soft and firm pillows and the shower was big, powerful and hot. Breakfast was nice, a good spread of cereals, breads and croissants, yogurt, rashers, sausage, scrambled egg etc... with a nice touch of take away cup and lunch bag if you did not have time to sit. If i had to be nit-picky, i would say the room was a little small, i'd rather normal sausages (not herb ones they had) and some more fresh fruit at breakfast. The location was great too, a short 6 min walk (uphill from station) to Victoria Train station (handy for getting to he airport) , a 5 min walk to Arndale Shopping centre and a 15 min walk to Oxford st.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2018

We stopped here for a night out in Manchester. Location is great walking distance the Corn Exchange. We booked a double room only to be told when we arrived at 4pm that there were no double rooms left, we could have a twin or accessible double. There was no apology for not being able to honour our booking in fact the receptionist was quite rude. We asked about car parking before we travelled and were told we could park in Printworks NCP for £15, when we checked out we were charged £16.50 apparently it has gone up, again no apology. Breakfast was good, however there are notices up stating you may have to wait for tables at busy times. There aren't enough staff to clear tables I saw at least two tables cleared by guests so they could use the tables. The hotel served our needs however we wouldn't stay again.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2018

Dear Shaun0999

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Manchester Arena

We apologise with regards to your room type. After investigating this matter I can see that you booked any standard room type for 2 people which means you had been allocated a double accessible room with a city view as the hotel was fully occupied and we had no standard double rooms available due to events going in and around Manchester also making our breakfast periods busy.

We are disappointed to read you found the receptionist rude as this was not intended, we receive great comments in regards to how friendly the team are, please accept my apologies.

Thank you for your feedback, we hope you will give us another chance to endevour to make your stay an enjoyable one.
Kind Regards
Duane Wood
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed November 2, 2018

place is very well located for the arena, and lots on amenities near by, very clean and comfortable, all you would expect from a holiday inn. Excellent breakfast although as with these kind of buffets it has its busy times.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018

My wife and I visited Manchester last month. We had a very bad experience at this hotel. I unfortunately left out a valuable ball point pen/flashlight/stylus on the desk in our room. When we returned at the end of the day it was missing. I knew where I left this pen and it disappeared into thin air. We wonder who could have taken it, if only we knew. This left a very bad taste in our mouths and spoiled a rather pleasant trip to Manchester.

We will return to this wonderful city but we will not be staying at this hotel Our advice is to take everything valuable with you when you leave your room or have it locked up somewhere.

M. Greg Miller
Ennis, County Clare, Ireland

Room tip: Don't stay here !!
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Greg M,

We recognize your time is valuable and greatly appreciate your feedback. That doesn’t sound like us. We’d like to look into this for you. I sent you a private message to gather more information about your stay. Also, I have made the hotel management aware of your concerns and I am confident that appropriate steps will be taken so similar situations may be handled in the best possible way.

I hope you do change your mind and stay with us again. We will be more than happy to provide you the true hospitality experience.

Krysllin G.