Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Nice

I’ve been there with my family and we enjoyed a lot because we love art if you like us go for it... read more

Reviewed today
Zara M
leisurely thing to do on an afternoon

A good leisurely thing to do on an afternoon, i especially liked the shop! Interesting artists... read more

Reviewed yesterday

from US$16.00
from US$46.80
from US$16.00
1,826 results
All reviews pre raphaelite paintings grayson perry wonderful collection on display worth a visit changing exhibitions special exhibition lovely cafe couple of hours lovely building free entry few hours the ground floor city centre rainy day great place to visit vogue
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Art galleries aren’t the place I often find myself in but I visited this art gallery with an open mind. Most paintings on walls I usually take one glance at and then walk away, but it was very different here and I had lots of fun looking at the variety of art. My favourite section was the interactive gallery which was very appealing. The gallery has 3 levels of floors to explore as well as a shop and a café to eat at. It’s a great experience and worth visiting if you’re in the area.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I visited here in January, i was meeting a friend and dont ask me how but i originally walked past the place... yes i know!! Mind you i have walked that raod many a time and not noticed it, i think because it faces a tram line you dont expect to see such a historic place where it is. But wow what an amazing structure, once inside its like an Aladins cave, so much to see and not just pictures there are modern art works, an area for kids, my favourite was an area with old suitcases stacked up against a wall and you could write on a luggage tag and add your own favourite place, there were thousands already written on.
I arrived a day after the Maddox exhibition had finished so i didn't get to see this, however although the museum is free to look around, the larger exhibitions you do need to pay for, so i was not to bothered about this.
You could spend a day here, they also have a wonderful cafe which serves fresh made food each day, delightful and not expected in the city centre and in a museum.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

It's quite extensive and we only managed half of it in one morning. I'd suggest 2 bites at this visit, there's so much to take in - certainly a day's worth if you have the stamina. I'm intending a second visit shortly.
Not a fan of the chocolate box Victorian art on show, but plenty from various styles and periods to appeal. I found the notes helpful, without being too wordy. Plenty to keep the kids interested including "hands on" areas. There was a school visit alongside my visit and the staff really did a good job at involving and engaging them with the exhibits. And the place is big enough to avoid such noisy groups if you wish. The shop is well stocked, if a little pricey for some items, but plenty on offer starting at kids pocket money toys to serious art books.
And it's free!!!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Manchester Art Gallery on Mosley Street is well worth a visit if you are in Manchester with or without children.
Is a very interesting 3 floor gallery and building well heated if visiting in the winter with Toured visits or do it yourself some wonderful fine art to see and some local artists works,
facilities include cafe and toilets and good for Access for all.

The Museum is child friendly and the children's interactive area is good fun for all the family.

Camera's allowed, but no flash photography.

It would take about a good half day to get around and well worth checking the Web site before you visit

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Well displayed with a very good audio guide. Friendly and informed staff who could add information to the excellently sited notes on each exhibit.