“Overly Priced”

Stalls Cafe Bar - Bridgewater Hall
Ranked #908 of 2,453 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Bridgewater Hall contains two restaurants. The Stalls Cafe Bar and the Charles Halle Restaurant. They are open to the general public but are targeted at patrons of the Bridgewater Hall .THe head chef is Marco Tedde. the cooking style is mainly central european. BUT intending diners need to be forewarned!
Reviewed October 26, 2016

Like most entertainment venues such as theatres and concert places drinks are overpriced, but needs must when you need a drink. £2.50 for a standard bottle of Oasis which costs just £1 in the local shop, and I had to ask for a glass and some ice. Coffee £2, nothing wrong with that. I thought I would have a pint of Heineken (although not sure it was a pint in the plastic glass served) £5.20, yes £5.20… I joked it was almost as expensive as Oslo having just returned from there that morning!

Since bags are not checked on going into the venue, I see no reason why you can’t take your own drinks in!

The bar can get busy prior to a concert and during intervals, but service was fast and friendly. Can be difficult to obtain a seat during busy times.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

If you're there for a concert, the bar on the ground floor is busy and buzzing. It offers basic food and expensive drinks, but you're a captive audience.

Reviewed January 28, 2016 via mobile

We had dinner here prior to a Nigel Kennedy Concert. Very convenient as no hassle to get back in time for concert. Food was nice too good starter and decent main course although bowl of chips was minute. Speedy service. Room a bit soulless but overall a good experience.

1  Thank alex w
Reviewed December 17, 2015

We ate at lunch time in the bar, which was almost deserted, so no real "atmosphere", but I value peace and quiet so tis was ideal. We could chat away to our heart's content without struggling to hear the replies. The food seemed to take a long time to arrive considering how quiet it was, but when it arrived, it was a case of worth waiting for (freshly prepared food is much nicer). My salmon toastie was delicious, every mouthful a treat, and my friend's brie meal was similarly appreciated. I could have eaten twice the amount! There was not a lot of toast with it, so I did not feel full at the end, but I didn't feel hungry for ages afterwards, so a larger portion was probably about greed rather than nourishment. I would definitely go back there again.

Reviewed December 10, 2015

A nice Christmas catch up with friends and the ambience is great for chattjng. We all went for the lamb burger which was soooo good. Mango and mint dip seemed odd but was amazing. Along with crispy fries I mayjust be back for the whole thing over again.