“my favourite place”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2016

This is favourite Greek restaurant and I have been many times. Vassos the young manager is excellent, thoughtful and attentive. The food is always top quality . . I would recommend meatballs, feta and spinach parcels, Kosmos chicken with feta , Stifado and Kleftiko . After eating the cracked wheat here, it has become a staple of our diet at home. The warm feta with chillis is my favourite starter.

Reviewed October 7, 2016 via mobile

Two waiters one old one young, the old guy comes across very racist, as if he is doing a favour by serving us!! Only because of the young guy giving 3stars.
More for non brits really.
Way overprice. Even with Groupon we had to pay £30extra as each person needs to order one main and one starter complusory to use Groupon. We were four and two dishes were Good two can't eat. Their falafel is disgrace, really!
Far better options to spend over £12per person. I hope this helps

1  Thank Ren V
Loulla A, Owner at Kosmos Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2016

Hello and thank you for your review. I am sorry that you didn't like your falafal, however when you requested to take it home and save it for later we all assumed that you had enjoyed the meal.
We have hundreds of customers each week and we welcome all nationalities after all we are all of different nationalities at the restaurant so the racist remark really upsets me and my staff!
I would like to say when you buy the groupon you must read the terms and conditions, which clearly state it is for 4 adults and 4 adult meals must be purchased. You turned up with your children and expected them to eat inclusive of this deal and still receive the discount off your bill.
I do hope that you consider visiting us again in the future as it seemed you enjoyed your evening whilst you were there.
The Kosmos Team

Reviewed September 28, 2016

Visited this restaurant as I had a Groupon voucher and was surprised a the quality of the food and how extensive their menu was. The Moussaka was very tasty and the house wine was pretty decent too. Very competitively priced too and the service was excellent. Judging by the clientele I would say they rely on a lot of repeat business from locals which is a good indication that their other dishes are nice too. Would definitely recommend if you're looking for decent, authentic Greek food and don't want to pay too much for it...

Reviewed September 20, 2016

Food is really,really tasty.We have been twice now, both times with a groupon voucher. The decor is a bit dated,and the tables haven't been exactly spotless- but that is fine because you can't expect fine dining at these prices. Tables are really close together.
The service was very slow, and we waited over 30 minutes to order drinks, but it was a Saturday night and they were very busy. Staff are all friendly & polite and it is for those reasons we have given it a "very good".
My favorite dish was chicken in a rich cheese sauce, which was delicious- and my friend loved the Moussaka. We will be going again because it is the ideal place for an informal no frills meal.

Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

We must have been here at least half a dozen times over the last few months. The food is delicious and has become one of our new favourite haunts. The food is reasonably priced anyway but you will get even better value by buying a Groupon voucher. There's absolutely no rushing you through your meal and staff are very attentive. If you're in Manchester, it's very easy to find so go along and enjoy the lovely food and drink on offer.

1  Thank David R