“Absolutely fantastic”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chorlton
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Lovely family run business and delicious food, they managed to squeeze us in on a Friday night and we had the lamb kebabs which were fresh and hearty. It was my second visit and I have been impressed both times.

Very friendly staff and the chef even came out for a chat, lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed August 13, 2016

The Meze was amazing, the best I have had in a very loooong time. The Shawarma and Xafta were beautifully done. The tabbouleh and the aubergine dip were to die for. The pita bread were perfect. I was here with my boyfriend last night for my birthday dinner and I think we couldn't chose a better place to celebrate. The staff were so lovely, they even re-preinted our reservation sheet simply because they misspelled my name. The host were so friendly and the chef came around to check with us. There was also some free sweeties with our cheque. We were super full and super happy with the Meze.
We never noticed this place the many times we were in Chorlton because we missed the board as it is slightly hidden, I recommend having a bigger board outside instead of the sign that says lebanese restaurant. We will definitely return to Zaytoon. so happy!

Reviewed August 11, 2016

Been here this evening for my birthday meal with my lovely family! What wonderful food! What wonderful service, and what lovely people! We would so very definitely recommend giving it a go.....but if you do I would advise booking (especially if you are wanting to eat 8ish onwards!)
I would also recommend going hungry as servings are mega! We had a mixed platter between 9 of us and it was so delish! A variety of main meals.(I had the lamb shank and had to bring half home for my lunch tomorrow) Steak, sea bass, chicken peri peri, chicken schwarma, kibbeh etc were amongst the other mains.....and all very yum! We had a selection of baclava and coffee to finish and were amazed at the value for money!
We will most definitely be going again,
Many thanks, Deryle, Ken, Richard, Ania, Kamy, Alex, Mandy, Eva & Natalie x

Reviewed August 11, 2016

First visit and will come back again.
Turned up with no booking and was given a table straight away, waitress was friendly and polite, handed my boyf and I the menus and apologised that they didn't have a couple items on the menu available and talk us through the specials.
We shared the Xafta Mishweh to start and both ordered fish from the specials board (sea bass and sea bream)
We given a plate of hummous and flat bread, which my boyf and I thought were part of the meal, but turned out it should have gone to another table, but we got to keep it FOC.
Our starters and mains arrived fairly promptly and were cooked just right, lots of flavour and big plates.
No room for dessert but were given a small plate of baklava when we finshed... yum!
All in all lovely, friendly venue with great food, would come back again to try the other items on the menu.

Reviewed August 3, 2016

The atmosphere is brilliant. The food is really tasty. The manager was more than happy to replace our beef dish after we said it was a little overcooked. He then went on to give us a really tasty lamb kebab for free. Absolutely brilliant customer service. It's now my local favourite and I'm set to be a regular