“Very good tapas”

Juan Sanchez Tapas
Ranked #501 of 2,468 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Juan Sanchez provides diners with an authentic taste of Spain in South Manchester, with a warm Spanish welcome, relaxed atmosphere and friendly service surrounded by customary style decor. Our menu is based on traditional Spanish recipes - several of them passed down through the family - and offers a wide selection of tapas and paella suitable for vegetarians or guests requiring gluten free choices. Drink choices include jugs of Sangria, wines, beers and soft drinks. A home banqueting service is available to order - providing a custom made tapas menu to suit your needs. We also cater outside normal opening hours for events like Weddings, Birthdays and other special occasions.
Reviewed November 13, 2017

A very good tapas. Fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. It gets busy later on in the evening so I recommend going early to get a seat. I will go again.

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

Disappointed with the food but didn’t feel the need to notify the staff, as it wasn’t anything in particular. However when our bill arrived, my partner had been charged for a large wine, after having not been asked which size he would like, and there being no measures on the glass itself. When we brought this up as an issue when paying we were told by the delightfully confrontational manager that it was our responsibility to ensure we asked for the right size, and that they assume that everyone wants a large glass. However I’m sure the guidance around licensing conditions stipulates that if someone orders a drink without mention of a measure, they’re to be offered the different sizes available. Now having realised my partner cannot drive us home, we were rightfully annoyed; and having received no apology from the manager, let alone a correction on our bill, we paid. She then proceeded to discuss the situation with the chef at the bar, while the rest of the staff looked very embarrassed by her behaviour, and apologised on our departure.

1  Thank P8065
Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

Food was mediocre. We ordered a lot for 2 people and the bill came to £70 with drinks. When I queried the price of my wine on the bill it turns out I was served a large without asking for one. Host rudely and indignantly said I should have been asked for a small, which is simply not the case.

Unfortunately I was driving and had to wait until I had sobered up before I could drive.

Would have been an OK meal but ruined by a really rude host.

AVOID

Reviewed October 15, 2017

First time visit here in an area where we don't normally visit. Restaurant situated in what was originally an old Victorian shopping parade, now mostly converted into a variety of restaurants, with a bicycle shop in the middle. We'd originally planned to go somewhere else nearby, but couldn't get a table and called here on spec at around 7.30pm on a Saturday evening. Whist the outside seating area was quite busy, there was still room inside and we were pleased that a table was available. Whilst the decor and furnishings were fairly basic, which seemed to be the trend in that run of restaurants, the place had a nice atmosphere to it and we were delighted to find that the staff and chef were all Spanish. The menu offered a Chefs Special for £22 pp which offered a selection of varied starters and then 3 Tapas pp, but which were selected by the Chef off the quite decent menu. We decided to select our own. We had 3 Seafood & 2 Meat dishes with Patatas Aoili which were delicious. The food was served quickly by friendly and efficient staff, who had previously quickly taken our drinks order. The food was tasty served hot and good sized portions. Unlike comments by previous contributors we had no complaint with the way we were treated during our visit, whether the fact I spoke a little Spanish with helped I do not know. Our bill, with drinks totaled £41, which we found quite reasonable, although I thought my wifes' glass of red wine at £6.20 a bit dear. Will certainly visit again and recommend Juan Sanchez if you are not bothered about surroundings, but enjoy good food & service

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

Service was good, staff were attentive and seated us quickly.

We had some tapas as a starter which was simple but tasty. We opted for paella as a main, but it came out a little quick as we were still finishing the starter but perhaps that is the style of eating. Paella was cooked nicely apart from squid was a little over cooked.

The atmosphere in and outside the restaurant was lovely. We sat and had a drink outside after our meal, it was a warm evening but table heaters and blankets are provided which is a nice touch.

Would recommend.