“Food, service”

Juan Sanchez Tapas
Ranked #503 of 2,453 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Juan Sanchez provides diners with an authentic taste of Spain in South Manchester, with a warm Spanish welcome, relaxed atmosphere and friendly service surrounded by customary style decor. Our menu is based on traditional Spanish recipes - several of them passed down through the family - and offers a wide selection of tapas and paella suitable for vegetarians or guests requiring gluten free choices. Drink choices include jugs of Sangria, wines, beers and soft drinks. A home banqueting service is available to order - providing a custom made tapas menu to suit your needs. We also cater outside normal opening hours for events like Weddings, Birthdays and other special occasions.
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Great food and lovely Tapas. Friendly and helpful staff. also decent wines etc. Situated near Chorton Bus station and within walking distance from Chorlton tram stop on the East Didsbury/Manchester Airport line.

Olga S, Manager at Juan Sanchez Tapas, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Visited here at the weekend with a couple of friends, would not bother returning. Far too expensive for the quality of food and service provided.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

A very good tapas. Fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. It gets busy later on in the evening so I recommend going early to get a seat. I will go again.

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

Disappointed with the food but didn’t feel the need to notify the staff, as it wasn’t anything in particular. However when our bill arrived, my partner had been charged for a large wine, after having not been asked which size he would like, and there being no measures on the glass itself. When we brought this up as an issue when paying we were told by the delightfully confrontational manager that it was our responsibility to ensure we asked for the right size, and that they assume that everyone wants a large glass. However I’m sure the guidance around licensing conditions stipulates that if someone orders a drink without mention of a measure, they’re to be offered the different sizes available. Now having realised my partner cannot drive us home, we were rightfully annoyed; and having received no apology from the manager, let alone a correction on our bill, we paid. She then proceeded to discuss the situation with the chef at the bar, while the rest of the staff looked very embarrassed by her behaviour, and apologised on our departure.

1  Thank P8065
Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

Food was mediocre. We ordered a lot for 2 people and the bill came to £70 with drinks. When I queried the price of my wine on the bill it turns out I was served a large without asking for one. Host rudely and indignantly said I should have been asked for a small, which is simply not the case.

Unfortunately I was driving and had to wait until I had sobered up before I could drive.

Would have been an OK meal but ruined by a really rude host.

AVOID