“"The Place to stay"”

The Place Aparthotel
Ranked #52 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed in The Place Hotel overnight in February to watch Manchester United playing Ajax.I booked it a couple of months in advance and got a super rate.Although we were a little early checking in (bout 11.30am)this was not a problem as the room was ready.The apartment itself was huge with 2 bedrooms 1 en-suite and also another family bathroom.The kitchen was well stocked and the apartment was spotlessly clean.We ate in the resturant and overall the food was ok if not spectaular so a little more care is needed in that department.The staff overall were fine but think they could smile a little more.My overall impression was very good and i wiil definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you for your excellent review. I a delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your comments to my team and we will be looking to improve in the areas you mentioned, indeed we have launched a new menu this week and so far has had very positive feedback.

Tyhank you once again for taking the time to pas on your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here for an overnight trip to watch Billy Connolly at the O2 Apollo. Travelled by train to Manchester Piccadilly which was literally just round the corner from the hotel. Booked it well in advance based on other reviews and got an excellent rate for a 1-bed apartment. On check in we were upgraded to a 2-bed which was rather unnecessary as there was only me and my partner staying, but it was a nice touch. The staff were very friendly and helpful, offering a map to help us find the venue of the gig.

We were on the first floor and the apartment had a living room with dining area and TV, kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave and oven with ceramic hob, along with two bedrooms (one with en suite shower room), and also a 'house' bathroom next to the other bedroom. We chose to sleep in the room situated at the back of the building and despite overlooking the station it was extremely quiet with no disturbance from the noise of trains andweslept really well. Both bedrooms had TVs, as you woudl expect these days, and were nicely decorated with pattered red and gold wallpaper to match the exposed brick of the building.

We didn't use the bar or the restaurant so can't comment on these facilities. Instead we opted to cook our own food bought at the M&S Simply Food at the station. The kitchen was equipped with all the basics.

We would definitely stay there again - even if we couldn't get the same cheap rate.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed here 25th Feb. I booked The Place before Christmas as part of my boyfirend's Christmas pressie weekend away. When I booked it I thought there must be some catch as the hotel looked lovely from the pictures and the price was so good! When we arrived it was even better than I was expecting. The lobby area is lovely and the staff were very friendly and ensured an easy check-in. We were a few hours early to check but we were able to leave our bags with them whilst we had a look around the shops. When we returned and went to our room I could not believe how beautiful it was for the price I had paid. The open plan living room, kitchen and dining area were lovely with the red brick walls and industrial beams etc. The bedroom was also very nice and a reasonable size with a curved brick ceiling and very comfortable bed. Absolutely love the décor and style of the rooms. It seemed a shame not to get much use out of the kitchen area as we only stayed one night but the novelty of having a whole apartment was fab! I didn't want to leave and wished I could transport the whole apartment home to replace my boring house! We had breakfast in the morning which we thought was very reasonable at £6 each. It was help yourself which my boyfriend loved and made sure he got more than his moneys worth! All in all I would say this is the nicest hotel I have stayed in for quite some time and would definatly stay there again! The only negative I have is that there are no instructions for some of the appliances-I could not work out how to turn the oven off so had to turn the plug switch off instead.
Great hotel and friendly, helpful staff :-)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was booked in the Place as one of our clients had a meeting. I must admit I would not book my self an apartment hotel but this was a great surprise! The Place is a restructured industrial building in the heart of Manchester, with a huge atrium. All the apartments are like large suites with bedrooms and living rooms all facing in the spacious atrium which I find very hip!!! The corridors are huge, the place is clean and I loved the rooms twith their industrial bricked walls!! Very friendly staff.

A good alternative to mainstream hotels, nice location.

On the negative aspect, very basic breakfast and the charged me for checking out 15 minutes after checkout time (I find this very unprofessional).

Will definitely visit again and would recommend it for short business travels.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed at the Place for an early valentines in February. When we checked in, the woman on the front desk couldn't seem to find our reservation, however after a short hesitation, she upgraded us to a two bedroom apartment! Our room was on the 6th floor in the corner, and on opening the door, pleasantly surprised does not even cover how I felt. The apartment was huge, clean and the decor was very stylish, with exposed red brick walls and an extremely high ceiling with glass panels.
I have stayed at a number of hotels and serviced apartments in Manchester, and would highly recommend The Place, and will most definitely be staying here again. Most definitely the best place I've stayed in Manchester!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your excellent review.I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We held our wedding at The Place in January this year - if you're looking at venues in the city centre put The Place on your list - you won't regret it!

We had looked at several potential venues before looking round the The Place. From the very first minute we met Sam (the wedding co-ordinator) we were very impressed - she was really a breath of fresh air - all morning we had been meeting various wedding planners at different venues across Manchester and none of them were as friendly or as professional as Sam, she was great - she took time to show us round and go through the mountain of questions we had - we never felt hurried or pressured (as we had done at other venues) and she was also really flexible to our ideas and didn't force any 'packages' on us which a lot of the other venues were trying to do - we felt from the outset we would be able to have just the kind of wedding we wanted.

Throughout the planning process Sam was a pleasure to work with - she met us (well mainly me) on numerous occasions and always had plenty of time for me - she responded almost instantly to emails and phone calls - she had often thought of things even before I'd asked the question - I felt totally confident she had everything under control and that the day would work like clockwork (which it absolutely did!). I think she is a real credit to the hotel and worth her weight in gold! Also I should mention whenever I came in - which was often! every member of staff I encountered were just lovely - friendly, polite and genuinely interested in helping.

On the day everything was just perfect - the layout of the room was amazing, the fact we had lots of different spaces to use (we got married in The Atrium and had drinks in The Pennine suite before the meal) the food was wonderful and again every member of staff was so polite and friendly. Alfie the duty manager was a star and made sure the dinner ran smoothly - I couldn't believe how quickly he managed to get 150 people served! (lots of guests have commented on this too) So many of the guest have been in touch to say what an amazing venue they thought it was and what great food and service - we have been overwhelmed by all the positive comments - loads of our friends and family stayed the weekend and loved the apartments - they are great for guests with children.

All in all I want to say a massive thank you to everyone at The Place for ensuring our wedding was perfect for us - we had the flexibility to tailor our own package exactly to our taste and requirement - so we didn't end up with an identikit wedding and the service we received on the day far surpassed our expectations - it was truly amazing!

I would recommend The Place to anyone who is looking for a fab venue in the city centre - in addition the costs were also very reasonable for the amount of food and drink we bought.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your excellent feedback. It is very gratifying to hear that the levels of service we offer exceed our guest’s expectations.

Sam is indeed a credit to the hotel and I am inundated by excellent feedback about her! Her attitude and commitment is a rare commodity.

I wish you every success for the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We recently booked a 2 night stay in a 2 bed apartment and I had my 40th Birthday Celebrations in the Pennine Room... From the moment we checked in the staff were all friendly, helpful and courteous.. This goes for ALL staff from the cleaners to the management, Bar staff on the night couldn't do enough for all the guests! They pulled out all the stops! Only issue we had was the "bouncer" - Door Man at the end of the night was rude, abrupt and aggressive to guests as they were leaving - hopefully he wasnt employed by The Place but was a contracter who can be removed and replaced. The room needed some attention but was very clean, comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
IanHard, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your party and stay. We do use a third party company for our event security and I have passed on your comments to them to investigate the problems you encountered.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.