Took advantage of Premier Inn's £19 a night rate this week. The hotel is great for the City centre and all it's facilities and excellent transport links. Got stuck at the back of the hotel, with no view apart from rooms opposite.
Trying to avoid sounding like Mrs Richards from 'Fawlty Towers' every time I stay in a hotel, but it is a pity you cannot get a choice.
My window had no handle to open it, but fortunately as the rooms have air conditioning, it wasn't a problem.
I found the firmness of the bed has given me a bad back and neck, although I do have a few issues here anyway.
Overall I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Manchester, Piccadilly train station is just a 10 minute walk and there are tram links to Manchester Old Trafford stadium, Manchester City stadium, and Media City Uk. Attractions nearby include Canal Street, Oxford Road, Palace and Opera House theatres and lots of bars and restaurants. Passes for nearby gym facilities are available please enquire at reception. Parking is available at a discounted rate (approx £14.50 per over night stay) at the Q Park on St James St - M1 4LX. Voucher is available from hotel reception upon departure. Our Manchester (Portland Street) Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Portland Street) Hotel Manchester
- Premier Inn Portland Street
- Travel Inn Manchester