“Good, but pity the bad view.”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street
Ranked #21 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Good, but pity the bad view.”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Took advantage of Premier Inn's £19 a night rate this week. The hotel is great for the City centre and all it's facilities and excellent transport links. Got stuck at the back of the hotel, with no view apart from rooms opposite.

Trying to avoid sounding like Mrs Richards from 'Fawlty Towers' every time I stay in a hotel, but it is a pity you cannot get a choice.

My window had no handle to open it, but fortunately as the rooms have air conditioning, it wasn't a problem.

I found the firmness of the bed has given me a bad back and neck, although I do have a few issues here anyway.

Overall I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Do you get a choice ?, It would be news to me.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards as we endeavour to meet all of our customers needs.

Thank you once again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We stayed here for one night mid-May, 2012. It was a good clean room, comfortable and quiet.

The location is fantastic as well, as we had to take a train from Manchester Oxford Road station the next morning. :) It's also just around the corner from Chinatown - convenient for great chinese food.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Wigan
Reviewed 23 May 2012

As with most Premier Inn's this one is faultless and it's in a prime location for a night out. Rooms are always excellent and always have a good nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Belper, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stopped overnight amidst the starting line for the BUPA 10k run.We had a great time,the hotel is in a great position and if you get the right room(we had 245 a bit of a walk but worth it),you can get a peaceful nights sleep.Would stop there again although car parking can be a little expensive,but we parked out of town in Burnage and caught the train in.That said you know you will always get value for Money with Premier Inns.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the inside of the building
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Lancashire, UK
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at all premier inn's in the city centre and this is worst I have visited. We were placed a in rear room some walkfrom the lift which I didn't mind much as I presumed this would keep us away from noise, however I was mistaken. We were in room 333 and there was caffolding directly in front of our window, at some early hour about half six the bin men arrived and we heard them pick up rubbish and then noise carried on all morning.

When we used the bathroom in the night, after the vent came on with the light there would be a loud clicking noise coming from the room for about 15 mins after which was also annoying. Had we been staying another night I would have asked to be moved.

I have stayed at the premier inn near the men arena and the other opposite the g med and they have been great both times, but this was a real disappointment for us and ruined our night really. For the money and it being a mid week night we could have got better for the same money in the city centre.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Derry, Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 21 May 2012

For a budget hotel , i thought the standard and quality of service was outstanding. This is a small little budget hotel in the middle of Manchester but in my estimation is up there with the best of them. I was greeted with a smile and friendly service on arrival, i was told where to go , what was on offer i.e breakfast times meal times ex. The bed and the room was comfortable clean and warm. A t.v and a squeaky clean bathroom made for a fantastic experience. I would def recommend this premier inn to anybody who wants top notch accommodation at a affordable price.

Room Tip: ask for a room off from the main street as there is a nightclub ... the staff will be more than unde...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Wath upon Dearne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed here for the bupa Great Manchester run and I was really pleased to have got a room as the start line is right outside and with 40,000 runners I expected this hotel to be full but I regretted that I had booked it after. We were given the room next to the lifts on the top floor which was fine on the first night as it was quiet but on Saturday night it was torture. I spent three hours awake listening to the the lift going up and down constantly and lots of shouting goodnight etc in the hall outside the lifts as drunken groups came back (1 am till 4am) I phoned down to reception to ask if they could shut down the lift nearest the room (there are three in total) and they were not very helpful. Very disappointing given that myself and many others in the hotel were there to run 10km on sunday morning. I was also in family room as I had my son with me and thought it was terrible to have a room with a child in it in what must be the noisiest part of the hotel. The only redeeming feature of this hotel is the great staff in the bar/ restaurant who were very helpful very friendly and could not do enough for the guests. In Summary avoid Saturday night unless your in a stag/hen party!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your review.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.