“Clean Rooms, Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hatters Hilton Chambers

Hatters Hilton Chambers
Wolfville, Canada
“Clean Rooms, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Chambers in May. They accommodated my booking switches easily and without fuss. They also arranged to collect our Football tickets for us and held our luggage. There was an ample breakfast provided in the morning. One of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed in. There is a laundromat next door and you are minutes from the shopping and nightlife district of Manchester and a short walk to the train station.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Westport, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

I stayed in a private room at the beginning and end of a 2 week trip through north England and Wales last year. Our 50 pounds or so each night bought us a clean if small and sparse room, a hall bath and a rather dismal breakfast. Sunday night was a lot quieter than Friday but - hey, it was a hostel, in Manchester. The staff was more than helpful and very professional, even when my boyfriend got cranky. The Internet isn't free but boy is it fast!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2010

Stayed in a private room/ ensuite: clean, warm and pretty!

bathroom very clean, there was warm water 24 hours.

we really liked our room, it was just what we needed (and warm which was very important, manchester in December was so cold!)

there is a kitchenette that offers free tea, coffee, milk, toast and corn flakes , all day [and night i guess] for guests.

the location is the best you can get, in the best area [vintage and second hand shops all over, many record and vinyl stores also] and so close to the "city's centre"

pretty secure

staff very friendly, they helped us in everything we asked for.

i would recommend it to anyone who searches for a basic, clean, safe place to stay, nothing too shiny.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank gingerlime
Staffs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

We booked two double rooms as we stayed with friends. The rooms were excellent. Massive, comfortable beds, powerful shower. We were even given a code to a kitchen just for the people on our level who had booked private rooms. This provided a fridge with free tea, coffee and toast. The only down side to this great central hostel is that we didn't get a proper nights sleep as it is in a very busy noisey location and we were kept awake untill 2am by loud music and people on the street. However because this is a very central hostel in Manchester and it was a Saturday night I guess we should have expected this. Otherwise I was very pleased that the rooms at this hostel rival those of the Premier Inn or other basic chain hotels for a cheaper weekend rate.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2010

This accomodation was recommended on the trainline.com website as hotel accomodation. Before arriving I realized it was a hostel but, as it had been recommended on a 'hotel' website thought it must be of a reasonable standard. How wrong I was. The staff were lovely. Kind, polite and considerate but, I can only describe the twin room I booked as a broom cupboard. It measured approx 2m x 7m, had a single glazed window that overlooked a kebab shop, which was open until 4.00am. There was a light not working in the room, the T.V. didn't work, the toilet was extremely difficult to flush and what had been left on the wall of the bathroom was either human excrement or blood? As it was a hostel the guests were obviously young student types who had come for a good boozy weekend. I have no objections to this, I was young myself once, but I do object to being kept awake all night to the noise.(the two inch gap under the bedroom door didn't help) when I thought I was going for a weekend away in a hotel. All in all it was a very unpleasant experience and one I will not be recommending to anyone. (Why are you asking about recommendations to a HOTEL below when this accomodation is a hostel. This is why peopkle get the wrong idea.

• Stayed December 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

I stayed at Hilton Chambers for just under a week, and have to say it's one of my favourite hostels, up there with Urban Chambers Melbourne. It's in a superb location in the Northern Quarter, surrounded by shops and great cafes and food spots if you're after lunch. If you want dinner however, you need to be prepared to walk a bit further.

The staff at Hilton Chambers were very friendly and knowledgable, I had a lot of different things I wanted to do and the staff were able to help me out with all of them.

The rooms were spacious and pretty clean. My only complaint was that the ensuite bathroom in the dorm I had was in desperate need of a floor towel or similar, as it often became a little bit muddy. I didn't get involved in the hostel culture much so can't comment on that, but there was a great kitchen and dining area, although the orange juice/cordial left a bit to desire!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
rochdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

just come back from stayin in this hostel as i went to manchester pride and it was excellent the private rooms are just great !!! its a five min walk for center of manchester which is good they have everything you need the staff are really friendly i would deffinately go back if i needed to saty in manchester.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple