“Wonderful”

Al Jumeirah Buffet Restuarant
Ranked #507 of 2,470 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Moroccan
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful dining experience at this restaurant. The atmosphere was great and the food was lovely too. There was plenty to choose from and it was the standard price of any buffet. I absolutely loved the decor. The staff were very friendly and I look forward to returning.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

Booked on their automated system where it send you round and round - emailed in advance also, without any reply

When everybody came to the restaurant - it was closed, with all equipment covered with plastic - I guess for remmovation

Not good

3  Thank Yuri755
Reviewed January 2, 2018

i posted my grumble september 2017. not had any response whatsoever from this establishment. definately wont be going back - a disgrace

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed November 6, 2017

about six weeks ago booked dinner at this place. turned up having received booking acknowledgement reference to find place closed for maintenance. on sunday last we had 6.15pm booking confirmed. two hours before sit down received cancellation email from al jumeirah. i telephoned to be told they would be closed for 3 weeks. now i am currently holding some £40 of groupon vouchers for this place, wondering if the place will survive to spend them ( have my doubts with this behaviour) contacted groupon who were not exactly helpful.
would i recommend this place. well no

2  Thank Paul S
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband visited for an evening meal at the buffet. My husband had found a voucher on groupon and claimed this. The food was nice although the choice is limited in comparison to other buffets. The man at the main door that serves the tea is pleasant and warm and definately brings a nice aura to the place. Good choice of desserts which were also tasty. Unfortunately what let the place down was moody staff with very poor social skills. As we left to pay and show the groupon code, the member of staff at the till said that it could only be used for takeouts. Considering the cost of us both eating there added up to less than the cost of the voucher just did not make sense and you would think that they would make allowances. Despite this however, we abided and paid. I had also visited this place a year ago not long after it had opened and had wanted to pay for my drinks at the end with card (had a groupon voucher). The member of staff said that the card machine was not working and so to pay the ten next time i came though he did not seem too serious about this. Out of respect, on this current visit that I am now reviewing, i handed 10 pounds to the staff member at the till saying that the last time i came in a year ago i owed ten pounds. He brushed it aside, said nothing, took the money and we left. Customer service is key in the restaurant business, and staff with no social skills do the place no favour. Though the food is good, in all honesty this incident put us off visiting again.

2  Thank Karima S