4,507 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiescity cafetrain stationon arrivalfree wificanal streetmanchester piccadillyexcellent hotelmodern hotelmini barbusiness triphotel barbreakfast was excellentcentral locationsaturday nightstayed for one night
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We arrived late and the initial service was terrible. We had a confirmation number however the staff would not accpet it and attempted to make us pay for a second room. It took over an hour to actually get into our room. Once in the room it was very 'modern' with a nice Mac computer (with free internet). It did not have a remote in the room. The staff was 'smart' with us about what the remote looked like and where it was supposed to be located. After 30 minutes of talking with staff and actually offering for them to come search our room for a remote they finally brought us one. There was no shampoo/conditioner/soap in the rooms (which was fine we had our own but for an expensive hotel you would think it would be included). There was a large (about a foot) purple/red stain on the sheets. The breakfast staff was very nice. They had a large option of food and it was wonderful. Either way it was overpriced with rude staff (not including the restaurant they were nice). We will not be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with Tripadvisor.

It was dissapointing to read your experience was not 100% satisfactory. Please allow me to offer my apologies. I sincerely hope this does not deter you from staying with Mint Hotel again.

As mentioned in other reviews, your feedback is extremely important to us and is shared directly with the team to enable us to evolve and improve.

Please do contact me directly if there is anything I can assist with further.

Jack Appleton

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We've stayed twice here, and both times have found it really great; service and staff excellent, and rooms to the usual Mint standard. Breakfast and meals were really nice as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind words.

It is fantastic to learn you enjoyed staying with us for a second time.

We look forwad to welcoming you back to Mint Hotel again in the near future.

Jack Appleton

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights, on the first day the riots began... too bad, but nothing the hotel could help of course.
Check in was a bit weird, the lady at the desk spoke so softly we could hardly understand a word she said, but no problem: we were allowed to get to our room immediately, although it was just 11:15, great!

The room was small and so was the bed, the Imac was fantastic though! Loved the free internet, which came in handy when contacting family and friends to tell them we were allright. Decoration of the room was a bit meager, did not understand the collapsible mirror above the desk. Also didn't understand why we only got one bathrobe. Really don't get why everybody keeps mentioning the free bathproducts... I haven't stayed in a hotel where you did not get bathproducts! I did find it a bit odd that you had to pay to use shoepolish...
Half of the towels weren't located in the bathroom, but lay in the closset, the small towel had a hair on it and they might want to check the extractor in the bathroom, since it is glocked up with dust. Cleaners come in way to early, the first day we had to wait outside for them to finish cleaning and on the last day they wanted to clean before we checked out... seems a bit inefficient to me...

Loved the people at guest service and the breakfast crew! By mistake our minibar was emptied and when we went to guest service to complain they handled it perfectly: not only did they fill it up immediately, we also got a free drink while waiting! With the rioting going on we could not drink it in the bar, but they made an 'emergency bar' on the first floor, not as cosy, but what can you do in those circumstances?

The second day was my birthday. Let me first mention that breakfast was great, more than enough to choose from. On this day not only the riots but also the rain spoiled our day. We got kicked out of a museum, because they were affraid the rioters were coming that way (understandable, but it meant we got left out in the pouring rain...) Restaurants didn't open that day, we were soaked to the bones and in the hotel-restaurant they had no room for us, first not 'till 8:15PM. I at first thought it to be too late, but we called back to reception within 5 minutes to ask for a table agin, but by then we could only get reservations for 9 o'clock (45 minutes extra waiting time within 5 minutes!) We were hungry, tired, had wet feet and didn't want to wait that long on my Birthday, so we had another go in town.

My mother (worried sick) had tried to reach us at the hotel, but they told her nobody under my name, my hubby's name, or our first names was staying at the hotel... strangely enough, her birthday card for me did arrive at the hotel the next day and found its way to our hotelroom...

All and all we had a good stay at the hotel, but to many flaws for a 4 star hotel. Most of the staff did try though!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Stayed in the Mint during the dreadful riots which resulted in us cutting short our trip. The hotel was beautiful, our room was clean, large and very comfortable, the iMac was a lovely surprise, the breakfast was excellent with great choice. But what really makes this place exceptional is its staff. EVERYONE with whom we came in contact there was friendly, helpful and eager to help. They were working is difficult circumstances given the unrest on the streets, yet their attention to providing excellent customer service never faltered. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Thank you for your very kind review.

It is genuinely a pleasure to read and share with the team such fantastic feedback directly from our guests.

During a busy period in the city, it is great to learn we provided the mentioned "excellent customer service".

As always, we are on hand 24/7 to respond and react to our guests feedback. I invite guests to share with me their experiences directly, jack.appleton@minthotel.com.

Jack

Reviewed August 13, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Mint Manchester start of August for a weekend break & we loved it. Clean, modern hotel in a very central location. 5 mins walk to Arndale shopping centre & 5 min walk to lots of pubs, clubs etc. Room was spotless, I liked the idea of the Mac in the room, nice touch! We also had bathrobes which were great to lounge about in the morning after the night before.

We had a summer rate which was £89 for twin room b&b, this included late check out till 2pm & free drink in the cocktail bar (which was very nice!) didn't stay long in the cocktail bar though as we wanted to sample the Manchester nightlife- we weren't disappointed!

We paid £4 tray charge for breakfast to be brought to our room, well worth the extra £4. breakfast was lovely, full cooked brekkie, lots of toast, croissants, cereal etc.

We found the staff pleasant & helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

First time in Manchester & won't be our last, definitely be staying at the Mint Manchester again!!

• Stayed: August 2011