US$72
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

US$85
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)
US$79
US$67
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

US$80
  • Breakfast included
US$133
US$110
  • Room Service
Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$68
PremierInn.com
US$123
US$106
Agoda.com
4,481 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiescity cafetrain stationon arrivalfree wificanal streetmanchester piccadillyexcellent hotelmodern hotelmini barbusiness triphotel barbreakfast was excellentcentral locationsaturday nightstayed for one night
Reviewed August 6, 2012

First of all, I have to say the staff were excellent at this hotel. This was my first time in Manchester and I found everyone we encountered to be polite and very helpful. This does strike me as a good solid business hotel but it's perfect for a weekend city break as location wise you are right beside the train station and all the retail shops of Piccadilly. If you like to walk, a 30 minute dander will take you to the area of Deansgate which has lovely cafes, street markets and a higher class of retail shops (Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, Hugo Boss, Armani etc) to enjoy.

Back to the hotel, our package deal included breakfast which again was really good. Selection of fruits, pastries, breads, cereals and then the full works for a fry. They also had a "egg" menu which you could order your own choice of omelette, eggs benedict, salmon with scrambled egg etc Lots of lovely juices, jams and yoghurts again just added to a great start to each day of our weekend break.

The room wasn't overly big, but we literally spent very little time in the room so it was perfectly adequate for our needs. The pillows were soft, the mattress was good as well. All the bathroom products were Crabtree and Evelyn and simply smelt delicious. We had a fridge in the room (always very helpful when away for a few days), a safe, hairdryer and a decent sized wardrobe and drawers for storage.

My husband used the gym each day and again he thought it was perfectly adequate and had most of the equipment he regularly uses at home.

This is not an overly glamorous or luxurious hotel but if you want good service, a pleasant room with good facilities, then visit the Doubletree! I would higly recommend,

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McAuley2007
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a great review with Tripadvisor.

it is pleasing to read you were able to experience all of the hotels facilities and enjoyed your stay.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've stayed here a few times and you can't get a better location - you fall out of the railway station into reception! It's a cool hotel, macs in rooms etc, although getting the TV to work on the mac in the room is a bit fiddly. Dinner and breakfast was good although service at breakfast a little chaotic but very friendly. I arrived very early and wanted to dump my luggage but they gave me a room without a problem. Rooms are reasonably spacious and clean. No minibar though, which would improve it. Don't hesitate to book here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank LondonDonald

Dear LondonDonald,

Thank you for such a great review. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

We do have a dedicated Guest Services Team on hand 24 hours, they can always be contacted via the CAREline on extension *1, and can certainly help with the little things which help make your stay so much more enjoyable!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Another class act by Hilton hotels. Incredible service from the moment you arrive - the reception gentleman are friendly and extremely helpful, they know the area well and are eager to recommend local attractions and places to eat (even when you have a sudden burrito craving and dont know where to get your fix). The rooms are spotless, the sheets crisp, the curtains heavy and having instant wifi access and the use of an iMac computer (and tv) is just fantastic! I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting an easy, care free holiday or weekend away - easy as pie or, should I say, easy as a choc chip cookie!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank TravelBugCPS

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a fantastic review. We are extremely eager to help all guests ensure they have a wonderful stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Having stayed here a few times in the past, i knew what to expect. But on checking in, wish was very quick and the receptionist was very polite, i was very disappointed in the room, which was suppose to be an executive room. Kim and Aggie would have had a field day with the dust that was on the skirting and wardrobe. The bedding was very basic, and the decor would havent gone a mis in a hospital. White walls, nothing else. In the bathroom, there was no shower gel and the hand gel was empty. I complained at reception about the dust etc. The receptionist was very apologetic, and said she would sort it. On returning, 2 hours later, the only thing that was done in the room was the pillows had been plumped up, no cleaning at all. Very disappointing. 4 stars?? not sure how they managed that. Beds were average but only one pillow each, and these were very flat. The breakfast was nice, although the toaster either burnt it or you had to put it through 4 times to get any colour. I would definitely be looking at other hotels in future. and for the price, i could have stayed in the local ibis, which is exactly what the room looked like.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was my first stay in a Doubletree, and I would definitely choose them again. Modern, stylish hotel, with lovely spacious glass-fronted reception area, the choice of a couple of bars, and a decent restaurant. I can only comment on the executive rooms - I found the room to be clean, modern and well-equipped. It was average size for a city centre hotel, i.e. not huge, but no complaints from me staying on my own.

I had a fruit platter to welcome me to my room, plus a free mini-bar with half bottle of wine, couple of beers, cokes, OJ, chocolate and crisps, so along with the delicious cookie on check-in, I had no complaints on the refreshment front!

Parking is in a private underground car-park in a building next to the hotel. Ask for the concierge to validate your ticket when leaving the hotel and you get a discount on the parking fee.

Staff were all very friendly and helpful, so overall I would choose this hotel and this chain again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor and on the side away from the main street otherwise it can be noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is inspiring to read such great comments and learn that the team were so helpful and friendly. We pride ourselves on our excellent Guest service and as such are on hand literally 24 hours a day to assist with Guest feedback and enquiries.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.