“Just the ticket”

Tampopo
Ranked #75 of 2,562 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The original Tampopo: small, but perfectly formed. On Albert Square and overlooked by the impressive Manchester Town Hall. Popular for work lunches, after work eats or gig and theatre dinner. Seats 64. Solo diners, couples or small groups all welcome. For enquiries and bookings please call the restaurant directly.
Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Visited Tuesday late lunch.
Nice welcome.
Singapore noodles delicious.
Bottle of Tiger Beer large
Scoop of cinnamon ice cream
Vietnamese coffee.Very tasty.
£20
Can't really fault it.
Been a while since I went but I shall make more effort to return and support this small chain.
Lucky Buddah beer would be a welcome addition.

TampopoAlbertSquare, Manager at Tampopo, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the great review!

I'm glad you enjoyed our food! We hope to see you again soon.

Megan & the team

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

Wanted some noodle soup and light finger picks, so decided to go and have dinner there.
Good stuff, nice soup cool staff.
Will definitely go there again.

TampopoAlbertSquare, Manager at Tampopo, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for the great review, I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us!

Hope to see you again soon!

Megan & The Team

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Visited for a bit of fodder before going to Bridgewater hall.
Good and quick service.
I had the Nasi goreng which was excellent and finished off with a nice lao beer.

TampopoAlbertSquare, General Manager at Tampopo, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the 5* review!

We pride ourselves in providing efficient service to theatre and concert goers. Lovely to hear that you enjoyed your service and food. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely time. We brought the kids for the first time, mainly due to the half term offer, and they really enjoyed the type of food they aren’t normally exposed to. We didn’t stay long as we had a baby with us but it was a resounding success. The staff and food were great. Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for all of your kind words!

Hope you all enjoyed the half term and we are glad that you visited us for a bite to eat. Hope to see you all again!

Reviewed February 19, 2018

I'm from just outside Manchester but haven't lived there since the late 80s. However, whenever I'm back home - on business or to watch a gig / football - I always try to get to Tampopo in Albert Square and try some of their delicious food.

Service, in my experience, has always been quick and courteous and the food has always been excellent. It's city centre, so not the cheapest, but it is great value for good portions.

TampopoAlbertSquare, General Manager at Tampopo, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Hi,

I'm so glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your food and service so much that you keep coming back. It's always nice to hear about people who have been dining with us from the beginning. I'll pass your comments on to the rest of the team, I'm sure they'll be pleased to hear this!

Hope to see you again when you next visit Manchester!