“30th Birthday Celebration”

Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Unique Dining Experience Everything about Sapporo Teppanyaki defies the ordinary, from our displays of roaring fire to the thrilling teppanyaki performance exhibited by our master chefs. Sit back and relax as you watch our talented chefs prepare your meal in a uniquely theatrical style. Our teppanyaki dishes are prepared on a traditional, flaming hotplate, where we combine our awe-inspiring performance with masterful trickery in order to prepare some of the most delicious Japanese dishes available in the UK.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Booked a table for myself and my partner for her 30th birthday last night and made sure to drop a cake off before the meal and was assured that I didn't need to do anything else, the cake would be brought out at the end of the meal.
Overall the food and service was great, big portions and the entertainment was OK. Overall my partner really enjoyed it which is the main goal of the meal.
However, they forgot to bring the cake out...so I'm waiting and waiting and in the end as I'm asking for the bill and my partner has gone to the bathroom, I enquire as to where the cake is. A pretty poor/non existent apology and a rushed attempt at bringing it out. Really not impressed with the lack of communication between the staff and not happy that after no apology I had to fork out a pretty big bill to boot. Considering this was a milestone birthday I was not impressed and even though my partner enjoyed it, I left feeling a bit ripped off.
If it had not been a special occasion I would have given it a good review because apart for the lapse bit at the end, the rest of it was not bad.

Date of visit: April 2018
Evna A, Public Relations Manager at Sapporo Teppanyaki - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Hi Heather,

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our restaurant. We value every guests feedback and I will be sure to feed this back to the team.

I'm glad to hear that your partner enjoyed his experience however, most apologies for the mix up with the cake and the lack of urgency displayed from the team. I would like to come to a resolution so please contact feedback@sapporo.co.uk with the above feedback and this will be picked up immediately!

Best Regards,

Evna

Write a ReviewReviews (2,334)

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We visited here for a celebration meal they had misplaced our booking but still seated us meal was lovely lots of flavour but disappointed with the theatrics as there was a flash and that was it. Didn’t get spoken to again except waitress asking about drinks, service from the waitress was First class. We left feeling a little disappointed as spent £250 for a family of six :(

Hi,

Although I'm glad you enjoyed your meal, I'm sorry that you left feeling disappointing. I would like to come to a resolution so please contact feedback@sapporo.co.uk with the above feedback and this will be picked up immediately!

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

This is a really good night, however the food theatre was front loaded and basic, if you have been to other tappanyaki this is not the best one.
The food itself is outstanding and even though they lost my booking and squeezed us in the service was very good.
I probably will try another place in China town next time,
Av price on 6 of us was £42 so you be the judge.

Date of visit: April 2018
Evna A, Public Relations Manager at Sapporo Teppanyaki - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Thank you for your review! Great to hear that you had such a good evening with us! We are the original Teppanyaki Restaurant in the North with 15 years of experience and we pride ourselves in our product and service. However, we do recognise that there is always room for improvement therefore we appreciate all our guests feedback as this enables us to grow!

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

There was a delay due to shortage of staff, however they made up for this with class and treat us like kings. I can’t recommend this place enough. They won’t be forgotten will recommend their professionalism and heart to everyone.

Hi Judy,

Thank you for your review! Sorry for the delay however, it's great to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience with us. We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Amazing time celebrating our daughters 21st. Food, entertainment and service was superb. Definately be back. Thanks for making our day special

Date of visit: March 2018

Thank you for your review! Great to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience with us for your daughters 21st birthday celebrations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!