“All great, but the octopus is the star!”
Review of La Bandera

La Bandera
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bandera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Spanish cuisine in Manchester city centre.
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We kept to the selection of "small plates" as we wanted to try out as many dishes as possible as the Tripadvisor reviews were so good. We weren't disappointed as each selection brought further delights. All the dishes were good, the seafood was exceptional and the octopus was the star - we've never had a whole "leg" before.

The staff were equally impressive - both attentive and genuinely interested in whether we were enjoying the food. The waiter took great pride in describing how the octopus is "twice cooked".

Gracias por un gran almuerzo!!

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Went in for a drink first and sat at the bar where you go first hand views of the food on offer, The cheese dish looked fantastic, and the taster menu items really made you hungry. But we were not hungry enough, so went for the tapas options, they were individual masterpieces and we really enjoyed the presentation and taste. the staff, all Spanish I think, were very attentive and were genuinely there to give you good service - I will return

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I went with a party of 10 to celebrate my son's graduation. The food was very good quality - excellent ingredients and good presentation. The service was good - friendly, helpful staff, and we all got served almost simultaneously. I'd recommend this place.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

After seeing this as one of the top rated Spanish restaurants in Manchester, I thought I would give this a try as Confidential had some special discounted vouchers.
I went there during lunch and ordered the Octopus, which was delicious as it was on a bed of puree. However the other dishes were quite average for the price you pay for. We ordered the fillet steak pieces on a slice of potato and chorizo, which was approximately 10 pounds, the steak pieces were slightly bland. The squid ink croquettes were placed very delicately, with great presentation, but personally due to my own taste preference, it was slightly too heavy for myself.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

We went for the tasting menu, no complaints... All of the food was really good, the device excellent. The standout meals were the scallop with truffle and the cod. Outstanding.

The only thing I would say is that after all of the courses, I was still hungry and ordered a plate of ham, which was cut very thick for iberico ham.