“2 for £10 Freakshakes- Not a Bad Deal”

Black Milk Afflecks
Ranked #12 of 57 Dessert in Manchester
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Reviewed July 2, 2018

I had a Groupon voucher that lets you get two Freakshakes (or waffles- but they had run out) for £10. This can save you a couple of quid to a fiver, so it’s not a bad deal.

Both shakes have to be the same…luckily, the guy I went with didn’t mind having a Reeses Melt. It’s difficult to eat- especially when they don’t provide you with napkins or spoons- but a tasty treat.

I'm more than tempted to buy another voucher and go back to try the Salted Caramel Stack!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Went to black milk cereal today , with my son , who is on school holidays , and was very impressed , best milkshake we’ve ever had , and lovely staff , my son has been here 4 times

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank david w
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

So on the recommendation of my daughter who had visited before we went for an after dinner treat. The photos she showed me looked like the ones on here. Do not be fooled. That's not the offering anymore! Our sundaes arrived in a cereal bowl. Three very small scoops of cheap, white ice cream, a couple of blobs of squirty cream, chocolate powder and a few cubes of brownie. Presentation appalling, taste v average!!!
At £5.90 a pop I decided to let them know that it had been a very bland culinary experience that was completely overpriced. The man I spoke to was incredibly defensive blaming a change of menu, the dish being served in a different bowl but containg the same ingredients and anything else he could think of to justify a pants, overpriced product.
Up your game Black Milk. There's far too much competition serving great food and drink in the Northern Quarter for you to survive. And if you don't improve your product you don't deserve to!

Date of visit: May 2018
4  Thank beverley m
Reviewed March 24, 2018

Well after wanting to visit here for about 2 years of living here I went on a Sunday and me and my friend thought we will get a sundae to share (kinder bueno and nutella)! Well it came out as a little kids sundae you would get at your local pub wasn't even enough for one person. Literally just 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream (dried chocolate on edge of bowl that was just for show which I'm presuming is the nutella bit) a couple of kinder pieces on top and whipped cream, there was no effort put into it at all and not even snapchat worthy let alone insta.

To charge £5.90 for that was terrible and then they really big it up on Instagram and now when I look I realise its from an angle to make it look big I really wish I complained but I was hungover and disappointed and to be honest the look all 3 of us sitting there we gave the waitress when she handed it over was enough to know wtf was that. I mean my other friends bigged up the milkshakes and easter egg bowls but I won't be trying this place again il stick with the other dessert places in NQ.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank emmalr94
Reviewed November 27, 2017

I have wanted to come here since it started in Manchester but after waiting for about 3 years I was a little dissapointed. Me and my friend were the first ones there on a Saturday, as we had found a Wowcher deal. The two people working seemed reluctant to serve us and didn't seem very happy to see people. The shake we got was quite nice but nothing spectacular.

Date of visit: November 2017