“Great Italian Food”

Don Giovanni
Ranked #359 of 2,470 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$9 - US$66
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Don Giovanni is Manchester's oldest independently-owned Italian restaurant and has been feeding the public for over 30 years. Est. 1984. The restaurant has a large selection of vegetarian and gluten free dishes, and can make most dishes vegan to order. They also carry braille and large print menus, which are available on request. Adjacent to St Peter's Square, Don Giovanni sits in the heart of Manchester City Centre and is perfectly located for the theaters, Manchester Central, Bridgewater Hall, the AMC and many other attractions and shopping areas. The 150 cover restaurant boasts floor to ceiling windows, modern furnishings and a private dining room well suited for corporate meetings or for celebrating special occasions: equipped with full AV facilities including projector and screen. Be it intimate, celebratory or corporate dining, the restaurant is perfect for all occasions.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant serves great Italian food! I loved the atmosphere and my friends were also impressed. The staff were lovely and the food was delicious. I look forward to returning.

Cindy_Don_Giovanni, Marketing at Don Giovanni, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Yasmin,

Thank you for the lovely review - we are so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable time dining with us.
We will pass on your comments to the team and look forward to seeing again soon.

The Don Giovanni Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,682)

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Called in for a spot of lunch, terrible services and portion sizes tiny, the food wasn't particularly good either .....then tried to charge us 10% service charge....won't be visiting again..... All in all ranks extremely low..... Don't bother

Cindy_Don_Giovanni, Marketing at Don Giovanni, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Good Morning,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We value the opinion of our customers and as such, we will take on board what you have said.
We are sorry you were disappointed with your evening spent with us.

If you would like to follow up your feedback with one of our restaurant managers, please feel free to email managers@dongiovanni.uk.com

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

I have to echo recent comments re service. I was at my table for over 10 minutes before someone came to ask if my order had been taken. I almost gave up waiting on my order as it was almost half an hour since entering the restaurant, not even the wine and water. The food then arrived but I had to remind them about the drinks which they had to recheck what I’d ordered. I enjoy restaurants that don’t hurry you but ignoring you is a different matter.

The food was ok but nothing outstanding and didn’t feel home cooked as suggested by marketing - the prosciutto, mozzarella & peach salad had tinned peaches. I think this restaurants presents itself as trendy and up market which is reflected in the prices - £10 for a glass of chianti classico. Unfortunately it fails on all counts and I would be unlikely to recommend or visit again.

Disappointing.

Cindy_Don_Giovanni, Marketing at Don Giovanni, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

I had high hopes for this restaurant as the menu looked great but left very disappointed. We had a table booked for 7:30 on a Wednesday, the restaurant was half empty but we still had to wait at the bar. We were waiting at the bar at least 15 minutes to be served, then when we were finally seated we had to ask to light the candle, get a wine cooler, take our starters, chase up starters and mains and eventually went up to the counter to pay as they were just so slow. Will absolutely not be returning

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

35 of us went for a pre booked dinner with pre ordered food. We waited over two hours for the starters and the bar service was virtually non existent. The staff clearly didn't care about their customers. Even if I had the opportunity I wouldn't visit this restaurant again under any circumstances

Cindy_Don_Giovanni, Business Development Manager at Don Giovanni, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Hi Mike B,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback.
We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your last visit to Don Giovanni and would like to put you in touch with our management team to look into what has happened for you here. Please would you be able to email some more info including what time/day you came in and the name you booked in under to managers@dongiovanni.uk.com.

warm rgards,