“Lovely”

Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Came for a quick pint in the sun before exploring Manchester a bit more. Great price for a pint (taking in consideration the location, don’t understand how people can complain). Beer garden was big and a lot of seating. Would definitely come again.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Great pub with a huge beer garden and loads of sitting areas across from the pub as well. The drinks are moderately priced for the location as it is right in the centre of Manchester and just around the corner from the Arena. Definitely worth visiting on a sunny day for a couple of drinks with friends!

Reviewed May 9, 2018

This pub has two main selling points. The large beer garden (it seems to share with the adjacent pub (The Wellington) and it's cheap beers. The beers aren't really houshold names and may be an aquired taste but you'll struggle to find anywhere cheaper in the North West let alone Manchester. It's located a few hundred yards from Victoria station so transport links for out lying districts are pretty good too.

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

My two friends & I approached the gate to the beer garden, the door staff advised that if we wanted to be outside we had to find a seat as there was a no standing rule. He then helped us find a seat on a large table which was already half occupied. We had a good conversation with a few guys who had come over from Switzerland to watch the football. The drinks are super cheap - less than £8 for 3 pints (cash only) there was a good atmosphere in the garden, lots of City fans being a bit loud but not causing any trouble. Made us laugh when the door staff confiscated an inflatable ball from them. Cracking little place to sit outside & enjoy the bank holiday sunshine.

1  Thank N34M12J8
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

As we approached at 2pm (just looking to see if there was a free table outside for lunch) we were surprised to be instantly questioned for ID in a rude and superior way. The 2 bouncers were extremely patronising and looked us up and down and told me that my satin trousers were trackies, so we were denied access. We thought they were joking at first however, their rude tone continued and we felt extremely humiliated in front of a full beer garden as they continued to discuss and laugh at my outfit, at one point they even said I was wearing leggings?! We weren’t dressed down at all, I wouldn’t leave the house in such state, I blow dried my hair for crying out loud!! I would understand if it was in the evening or weekend and not just a pub? It’s a pub next to the Arndale, come on?

6  Thank Edenmess