“Very impressive”

Asha's
Ranked #57 of 2,501 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$20 - US$65
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

It is the best Indian restaurant I’ve visited. I got the Salmon Biryani, which was just prefect and above my expectations. The only thing that was not up to my expectation was the level of spices in which I asked for a very spicy food and what I got was a moderate one. However, I understand this is based on the previous customers requests and their standard. A final point that I should mention is about the atmosphere, design and friendliness of the staff. They are extremely hospitable and offer a welcoming environment.

1  Thank Hussam A

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Came here on a rainy Wednesday night with my best friend who was visiting after we read the trip advisor reviews. We walked in and got a lovely table. From the minute we entered we received excellent attentive customer service from our waitress Ciara. Ciara was an absolute delight so friendly, welcoming and knowledgable about the menu, she guided us to some excellent food choices. The food itself was delicious, beautifully presented delicate and packed with so much flavour without being overwhelmingly spicy. I loved all the quirky flavour combinations in every dish and I can’t wait to visit again. It’s worth paying the higher prices for the creative high end service, fine dining food quality and beautiful dining experience. I would highly recommend dining here for an Indian with s difference.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

The service was fantastic , The food was delicious as were the cocktails , especially loved the cocktail ‘butterfly’s in the city’ (on the right of the photo I posted) very unique !!

2  Thank SophieP3139
Helena D, General Manager at Asha's, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Hi Sophie

thank you so much for your amazing review , our bartenders pride themselves with the quality of our drinks and I have passed on your review to them . Be great to see you back again at Asha's when we can impress you with more of our signature cocktails

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Was in Manchester for an evening and had heard really good things about this restaurant so booked a table for the evening meal.
The decor and ambience is really nice, coupled with the menu cards which has a personal message from Asha gives it a really nice touch and sets the expectations for a great Indian fine dining experience.
However, from this point on ... everything falls short of the expectations that were set. The staff is almost entirely east European, which would not be an issue if they actually understood Indian food and ingredients. Unfortunately, there was no one in the restaurant who could discuss and advise on contents and selection of dishes. The food itself was average - comparable to what you would get at an Indian friend's home, but the portions were vey small.
The greatest disappointment to me was the music being played. In a restaurant that is owned by one of the greatest singing talents that the Indian film industry has produced, I was hoping to be treated to a selection of Asha's greatest hits. Instead, what was played throughout the evening was a selection of mediocre pop/garage/metal music.
Asha seriously needs to think about why people would come to dine here and reconsider how they package their offering.

Thank you for your review and feedback of your recent visit to us. Sorry to hear of your disappointment . Our team here at Asha's are fully trained to meet your needs and requirements with the menu and ingredients so I sincerely apologise that we couldn't meet yours . I have offered your feedback to the kitchen and we try and test dishes on a daily basis so that we can offer the best standards and quality. We have taken on board your feedback regarding the music and we try to accommodate all our guests feedback when it comes to this . We would very much like for you to revisit us when you are back in Manchester again so that we can provide the best service and food that we pride ourselves on . It would be great if you could get in touch with me on the below email so we can discuss this

Helena.doskocz@ashasmanchester.co.uk

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I went with my friend who is also named Asha, to this wonderful restaurant. From the moment we entered to the second we left the service provided was amazing. The prices are quite expensive but you really do get what you pay for. Amazing cocktails, delicious food, super helpful and friendly staff, and a beautiful stylish interior. Absolutely wonderful, I hope to visit again soon

1  Thank northernlondoner

Hi

was wonderful to read your review, so glad you enjoyed our cocktails, food and service and it will be great to see you back again