Holiday Inn Express Manchester East(Manchester)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$52
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

Free cancellation until 04/08
US$105
US$83
Doubletree
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$89
US$81
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$98
US$79
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)
US$92
US$77
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsinfinity poolafternoon teaterrace barfree standing bathmanchester town halleclectic hotelssteam roomspa areagreat john streetsky tvroll top bathamazing hoteljunior suitenespresso machinebirthday treatrain showerbreakfast was delicious
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Great looking little hotel right in the centre of Manchester, close to all the shops and a 5 minute stroll from the bars/restaurants of Spinningfields/Northern Q etc.
The staff and service throughout was friendly, professional and personable however I do still feel it was overpriced for what it was.
We paid approx £250 for a charming but small room with absolutely no view (had asked for a room with a view when booking) I paid extra to get a room with a bath and whilst it was really nicely decorated with quirky touches (and the shower amazing ) there was no way of getting away from the fact that the room was small, way smaller than anticipated.
It had a super king bed yes and nespresso coffee machine and fresh milk but the toiletries weren’t anything special and there was only one chair to sit at (at the v small table at the window looking directly into an office block).
I booked the hotel primarily for the rooftop pool which WAS lovely but again very small- more like an oversized hot tub than a pool.
We really did enjoy the views from the pool directly onto the town hall clock and when we went there was only one other couple there which didn’t spoil our enjoyment at all. However if it was busy (more than 4 people) it wouldn’t be any fun at all. No sauna just a steam room.
The bar was good, great G&Ts and a nice ambience albeit quiet.
We didn’t eat there so can’t comment.
Bit mean of the hotel not to include breakfast but we had a lovely breakfast at the recently (ish) refurbished Piccolino’s around the corner.
So whilst we enjoyed our stay I wouldn’t be in a hurry to book again- maybe my expectations were too high as the service was good.
Rooms were available for £160 last minute and had I paid that I may be less dissatisfied, however those rooms were smaller than the one I stayed in and I can’t imagine how cramped they would’ve been.
In summary if you’re looking for a quirky hotel with impeccable service and a bijoux rooftop pool and don’t mind paying over £200/night for a small, elegantly decorated room with no breakfast included you won’t be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Two night stay with my fiancee. Received an e-mail a few days before checking in asking whether we would like to upgrade. I replied enquiring, but received no response. On arrival found no upgrade was possible.

Our room was cosy and comfortable, lovely bed and good finish. However, similar to other reviews, we too found that a dank smell would come from the drains in the bathroom if the shower had not been used in a while. Not sewage, but just damp in nature. It was overpowering and was restricted to the bathroom, but not what I expected for the amount I paid for the room.

The infinity pool is stunning and we were luck to find it empty on both days. We also booked a couples massage through the outsourced service, and the service and massages were excellent. I used the gym, which is v basic.

Unfortunately we were awoken both mornings by the cleaning staff. On the first morning they mistakenly believed we were checking out and knocked us awake despite the do not disturb sign, but on the second morning they must have believed the room was empty, as shortly after knocking, the member of staff just entered the room with both our modesties narrowly covered. I can’t explain otherwise how this could have happened, it was well before check out time and we had asked to extend our check out to midday anyway.

We did use the bar for lunch and had some very nice tapas-style food but the hotel is perfectly located in the heart of the city, we spent most time exploring. Front desk staff were v polite and helpful.

Overall a nice stay, made by the pool and roof facilities. But not quite what I would have expected for the cost

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BJO4098
Jenny0h, Manager at King Street Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Guest

Our 7th floor Spa Pool empty for you both days, this must have been amazing with the views across our wonderful city.

Here at King Street Townhouse we take all comments on board are we are still young and always looking to improve based on our guests honest feedback so thank you for taking the time to write it. Rest assured we will be looking into all of the issues raised.

It's also a delight to read you found the Front Desk staff to be "very polite and helpful" as we always work hard to ensure we exceed expectations on all levels including service.

We hope we do get the chance to welcome you back to King Street Townhouse soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Now don't get me wrong, this is a nice hotel but it could and perhaps should be better.

I tend to find that what marks out great hotels/restaurants from the ordinary is the staff.

At King Street Townhouse we found the reception staff to be extremely helpful when we stayed recently for a wedding at the hotel.

However, I was somewhat bemused when one of the wedding guests got her main course which was obviously the vegetarian option and found that it had sausage on it. On pointing this out to the waiter he started 'splitting hairs' and arguing that chorizo is not a sausage! This is not the customer orientated response that you expect in such an establishment.

The same waiter returned to our table 5 minutes later and sarcastically asked if we were enjoying our meals. He didn't ask any of the other tables.

All in all a pleasant stay but for the prices they charge (for everything) I expected just that bit better.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Martin

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at King Street Townhouse.

I am delighted to read that you found the Reception staff "extremely helpful" as we work so hard on exceeding expectations when it comes to service, a perusal of our Trip Advisor reviews would suggest we get it right. However, I am disappointed to read your feedback regarding the service during your meal. Rest assured that this is something we will look at internally and see what re-training we can do to ensure all staff here at the hotel are at a level our guests and ourselves expect.

We do hope we are able to welcome you back to King Street Townhouse in the near future.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

I recently stayed at this hotel for a 2 day leadership meeting, alongside 1 overnight stay. The hotel is very centrally located and easy to get to, incredibly stylish and comfortable, with some fun querks to it. What impressed me the most was the service in the whole hotel, everyone was friendly, welcoming and attentive. A special mention needs to go to Jack who looked after us in the meeting room for the 2 days, nothing was too much trouble, alongside Ian who is probably the fastest barman in the world, but friendly and attentive to your needs. The food in terms of breakfast, lunch and dinner were superb, fresh, tasty, lots of different options and hot ! The rooms are spacious and stylish, with everything in there that you could want, including some home made biscuits by your bed. Overall a fab hotel which I would highly recommend for business or for pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Louise

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at King Street Townhouse, we hope the course went well for you.

So many factors make a stay comfortable and we have spent a lot of time on the attention to detail of one's stay such as location, our menu, room spec and facilities and service so it's a delight to know all these came together and made your stay "amazing"

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to be welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

We had a two night stay in this luxurious hotel, staff very helpful, extremely organised and efficient. Breakfast and our evening meal were excellent. Rooms were very comfortable and amazing decor. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The hotel divided into two levels so two floors are level 4 one upper other lower. Easy to get confused.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

We appreciate this review so much and thank you for taking the time to write it.

From reading your review I can see that you got to use so many of the facilities on offer to our residents at the hotel which is fantastic. To know that all the staff were "helpful, extrememly organised and efficient" is also a massive bonus as we all take great pride in working towards exceeding expectations.

I can only hope to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.