“Great Traditional Food”

Ranked #24 of 1,501 Restaurants in Strasbourg
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Because of its location and history, the food from this region of France have more in common with Germany than Paris. I stayed for a week in Strasbourg, checked out a few local restaurants serving traditional food from this region and it is in this place that I had my best meal of this trip. The décor of this restaurant with its timbered frames and heavy wooden touch, oozes class and sophistication. I started my meal with escargots, which by the way, is my first taste of snails and I found the dish interesting, both in its presentation and taste. Next, it was time for the pork knuckle which came with a side of roast potatoes. The portion was HUGE and the taste fabulous. I really like the way chefs from this part of France keep things simple and let the high quality of ingredients with their bold, authentic flavours to speak for themselves. Although, I was quite full by this time, I couldn't resist the temptation to try out the dessert and it turned out to be a good decision. The poached pear served with chocolate sauce and vanilla icecream provided a sweet finish to a really great meal.
I recommend this place very highly to all those looking for a nice traditional meal.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The Fink Stuebel restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel. The restaurant has delicious traditional food! The staff was very friendly and provided great information about the dishes on the menu. We had escargot for an appetizer and the Volau Vant as our main course. The were both absolutely delicious! We would highly recommend that you go yo this restaurant during your stay in Strasbourg.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is simply phenomenal. The food was rustic, yet elegant; complex, but clean. The portions are hearty and along with the environment, provide a very familiar feel to the dining experience. All in all, a must go in Strasbourg.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Good, local place to eat lunch, which is out of touristy route. Tasty local dishes. Good service. Good prices.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience here! The terrace was enchanting on a warm summer night and the inside was equally as charming for cooler days. The food was absolutely spectacular! HUGE portions. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. Overall a fantastic experience.