All reviews train station massage chair including kettle international travelers within walking distance petite france fourth floor modern decor stay there again rooms are small old city coffee machine main station privilege room decent hotel main sights buffet breakfast
Reviewed May 20, 2018

The hotel is a short walk (under 10 minutes) from the Gare de Strasbourg (the main train station) and is within walking distance of the main sights. For swimmers, there is a pool at the Wacken tram stop, only about 15 minutes away. The concierge staff were youthful and helpful. Valentin stood out as the shining star.

The room (104) was quite “cozy” as we say in New York City with approximate measurements of 12’x13’. As in an airplane, the designers were resourceful at utilizing every bit of the room’s space. Unlike the breakfast area that had a cacophony of color, the predominant theme of the room was white. It had two small, but practical closets, a generous amount of shelving, a refrigerator stocked with a bottle of water, a teapot, a safe, and a large television. Three types of pillows were provided: rectangular flat, square or memory foam. It was spotless and had bright lighting that was perfect for reading or working. There was free, high speed, but unsecured Wi-Fi.

The frosted glass bathroom door had the disadvantage of allowing light to infringe upon the room, so I could not keep on the bathroom light at night. (I always wonder why hotels do not provide built-in night lights). It is perplexing why shelves were not installed in the bathroom, as there was space available above the toilet (hint, hint). Perhaps this was a design oversight. The heated towel rack was a practical inclusion. The gleaming shower had a hand held and a rain option, but the floor was dangerously slippery. It would be advisable for the hotel to address this liability.

I tend to be ultra-sensitive to sound: slamming doors and sound from contiguous rooms was not an issue. This room faced the rear so there was no sound from the street.

I do not hesitate to recommend this venue.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard0304
François G, Propriétaire at Mercure Strasbourg Centre Petite France, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Dear Richard0304,

Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

I’ll be honest and say that I expected a much higher standard than I found, having enjoyed excellent stays at other Mercure hotels in Poland, Germany and the U.K.

This certainly wasn’t the full service property that the others were. No restaurant for dinner service, for example (room service comes from the restaurant next door) and there appeared to only be one member of front-of-house staff, so consequently the reception desk was often unmanned.

My privilege room was much less well appointed than at the other Mercures I’ve stayed at. The two sets of windows also made the room very hot, even with the radiator off; and as it was out of season, the air conditioning was out of action. Fortunately traffic is restricted along the road by the hotel, so I ensured all the windows were left open during the day and just one at night. Otherwise sleeping was difficult. The bathroom was small, but functional.

My rate included breakfast, otherwise the €18 per person charge would be much too high for what was on offer. Very little in the way of hot options and the pre-prepared fruit salads, for example, looked old and bruised.

The location is great, however. The easiest of walks the main station and just a short stroll to the beautiful Petite France district.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank BritTraveller68
François G, Propriétaire at Mercure Strasbourg Centre Petite France, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Dear BritTraveller68,
Thank you for your review.
We are glad that you apreciate our hotel perfect location, in the city centre of Strasbourg and close to theTgv Station.
We choose to offer fresh and homemade products for breakfast like pancakes, french bread and fresh fruits salad.
You can contact me on h1813-gm@accor.com in order for me to fully investigate the matters you have raised. We treat all feedback with the utmost respect in order to ensure any short falls within our control are rectified to avoid future occurrences.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2018

Loved my stay in this hotel. Very modern, small, but very efficient rooms, friendly staff, upbeat atmosphere. Breakfast was brilliant and the location is excellent. Great value for money, looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mark H,

Thank you for taking time to write a 5 stars review following your stay in our hotel!

We are really glad that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay like our new breakfast with homemade products or the perfect location for working or sightseeing.

We hope welcoming you back very soon in our hotel Mercure Strasbourg Centre Petite France,

Best regards,

Reviewed January 18, 2018

I really enjoyed stay in the hotel, the staff were very nice during checkin and checkout...they let me in to my room at 1pm which was great. The room (not very big but I had no problem with that) had soundproof door and window so the sleep was very fine. And the breakfast was wow...such a choice of everything you can imagine! Great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank JanPokornyCzech
François G, Propriétaire at Mercure Strasbourg Centre Petite France, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2018

Dear JanPokornyCzech,

Thank you for the great review following your stay in Mercure Strasbourg Centre Petite France!

We are really glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and appreciate the early check-in possibility.

We hope welcoming you again very soon,

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

This is a decent hotel with modern decor situated very well close to train station and Petite France. Clean and quiet rooms but very small. Breakfast rather good and friendly staff. However, I think you can get better hotels for about the same cost.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
François G, Propriétaire at Mercure Strasbourg Centre Petite France, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Dear Kharro,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay in Mercure Strasbourg Centre Petite France.

Our hotel propose several types of rooms, standard or privilege; the privilege room offers more space and special equipments.

We regret that you don't ask our front desk staff, they are always available to answer your expectations.

If you have the possibility to book early, you can find special offer.

December and Christmas market correspond of our high season.