Nothing to complain about. I've stayed here before and it's always good. The reception is warm and efficient. They have always upgraded me, so my description is of a deluxe room. The concierge is very helpful. Everyone speaks great English, although they also tolerated me speaking French.
The room was clean and spacious. A bit surprised that they have still not upgraded to flat panel TVs and the one in the room was tiny. Tea service, iron and board, safe, water for a fee, BAD hair dryer. Ladies, this place is made for men. The only bathroom outlet was for an electric shaver, so have fun trying to do your hair after a shower. The toiletries were nice, although I liked their former Crabtree & Evelyn better. Bed was super comfortable, and the pillows were perfect. No view, but the window did open. The place is well air conditioned.
No need to pay for parking on weekends- there is plenty of free parking on the streets.
Don't let the location bother you. It is in the business part of town, but you do not have to face the horrible traffic in the center/historic areas. There is a tram just five minutes from the hotel. For 5.70 the concierge will sell you a 24 hour ticket good for two people. (Maybe more than two?) He will explain how it works. You get off in 4 or 5 stops and you are in the heart of Strasbourg. From there you can walk to the cathedral, then take the tram again to right outside of Petite France.
Breakfast was included in our rate. It is a nice buffet with hot and cold food, fruit, etc. The coffee was not good, though. It tasted old.
I will stay here again. I don't need "charm and quaint" in my room. I can look outside for that. I want comfort, space, and no surprises, which is what you get in this solid Hilton Hotel. Photos on web site are honest photos, so I did not take any more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the city centre, in the European institutions district and opposite the Congress Centre, the Hotel Hilton Strasbourg is well positioned for access to the city's extensive tram network. All rooms offer large windows with views over the Cathedral or the European Parliament building. Stay connected with complimentary Wifi. For your business travels, choose an Executive room and enjoy Executive Lounge access with complimentary breakfast, drinks and snacks are served. Indulge with a seasonal and full of freshness cuisine at the restaurant of the hotel, H! Brasserie. Or enjoy a snack and cocktail created by the award-winning bar team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Strasbourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Strasbourg Hotel Strasbourg
- Hilton International Strasbourg
- Strasbourg Hilton International