1,293 results
All reviewsgreat locationchristmas treetrain stationplace kleberfree wifismall balconycentral locationpetite francereception staff arevery nice hotelpedestrian areafour star hotelgood sizevisit strasbourgparking garagefirst floorthe heart of the city
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Maison Rouge for three evenings. I was given a second floor room with a view of the street (room 209) which I very much appreciated. I had two large windows that opened. At times, when the room was too stuffy for my liking, I would leave the windows open and it gave me a nice cross breeze.

One day after returning from site-seeing, I noticed that someone had placed a floor to ceiling type of a metal grate over one of the windows. I couldn't remove it; it did not allow any fresh air to come in. The next day, without explanation, it was gone. I have no idea why it was out there to begin with. However, I was glad it was removed.

My room was comfortable, cozy and elegant. In addition to the bed- which was very comfortable- there were a couple of chairs, a table and a desk available for use. The room also contained a mini fridge. I appreciated this because I like to keep my water bottles cold for drinking throughout the day.

The glass-encased shower was large by European standards and the shower head -which was huge- worked perfectly.

The breakfast was very good. It was substantial and plentiful. The items available at breakfast included: scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruit, cereals, meats such as mortadella, salami, prosciutto and ham, cheeses, rolls, bread, juices and a coffee machine that made 8-10 varieties of coffee, including espresso, decaf and cafe au lait, to name a few. I did notice that even though breakfast is served from 6:30 am to 10:30 am, nothing is restocked after 9:45 am. At around 9:45, the employees start combining food trays to prepare for closing.

I found the staff here to be very pleasant and accommodating.

Now, for the downside:

After my first evening in the hotel, my cooling option for the air conditioning unit was disabled, and only heat was available to me. Being a person who is always warm, I did not appreciate the A/C being taken away without any explanation. That happened at the same time the large metal grate showed up at my window. Needless to say, I was not amused.

The only other negative to the hotel is that there is poor insulation between floors. I could hear conversations of the people staying in the room above me. Unfortunately, I could also hear a man urinating into the toilet, and the flush that followed immediately afterwards.

The hotel location is very good. There are many restaurants and shops nearby. It is a short 10 minute walk to both La Petite France and the Strasbourg Cathedral.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
emmanuel_delepine, Manager at Maison Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Thanks for your nice review !

Your room as been was fully refurbished last month.
Regarding your description we have to adjust some détails regarding insulation between floors.
Regarding the air condition, the period is difficult to provide. Either eating either cooling. It depends each day.

We enjoy to see you again at "Maison rouge"

Reviewed September 23, 2017

This is an excellent hotel, placed in a very convenient place, close and next to the main attractions of Strasbourg.
The staff is extremely polite and helpful, rooms are spacious, breakfast is very rich served in cosy rooms on the 1st floor.
Should I come again to Strasbourg this is the hotel to stay at.
Victor Weiner
Rishon Lezion - Israel

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
emmanuel_delepine, Manager at Maison Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Dear Victor

Thanks a lot for your really nice recommandation.

We hope to see you again in Strasbourg

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Walked from the train station which took about 10-15 minutes. Hotel is conveniently located to shops, restaurants and cafés. Shopping mall, Galerie Lafayette is across the street.
It is an old hotel but well kept and professionally managed. Staff speaks English and are pleasant. Our room overlooked the street but it was quiet. Breakfast was not included. For 16€ each we had an excellent breakfast of jambon (ham), cheese, croissants, assortments of bread, fruit.... One can also go out to get a nice breakfast as well. We had a pleasant two day stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Florence S
emmanuel_delepine, Responsable relations clients at Maison Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Dear Sue,

Many thanks for your detailed comment. We are glad that you've enjoyed your stay in Maison Rouge and especially our breakfast buffet and the view over the rooftops from your room.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in Strasbourg!

Best regards

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Super central location convenient to sights and great restaurants. Above all well suited for business travellers (ie: internet access that works, room safe etc). Good breakfast and great service and obliging staff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris S
emmanuel_delepine, Manager at Maison Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Thanks for your nice review and recommandation

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here at the start and end of our trip. Asked for quiet rooms and we were placed on the side, which worked well (and gave us a balcony). Air con works well. Spacious room. Unusually for France there is a kettle; also a mini bar. Bath with shower over in a good sized bathroom.
Travelled to Strasbourg by train and took the tram to the hotel - C leaves at station level and you walk up from Homme de Fer or you can do as we did and get A or D from below the station which stop just after the hotel. Tickets easy to buy from machine.
There are online offers well below the door price. They don't include breakfast but there are lots of nearby places for French breakfast which is much cheaper, or you can add breakfast if you want.
Excellent location for walking round the old town and lots of choice for restaurants nearby.
Staff very friendly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElaineRy

Thanks for your review

On our web site you will always find our best prices with or without breakfast included.