All reviewsclean roomsdecent choicetriple roomlate arrivalold townthe main train stationan easy walknext morningwould stay here againlobbywifireceptionparkingcathedral
Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

I was traveling from Germany and didn't check in until almost 12pm. It's long when you travel far and want to rest somewhere. When I arrived they had tea and biscuits ready and waiting for me, took my bags to the room and even let me keep my car in their secure parking lot for longer than normal the next day. Breakfast was good, room was clean and well stocked with anything I could possibly need. I've been traveling for 3 weeks and this is by far the best place I've stayed in. I booked my room through their website directly and have made it a point to leave them a review on any site I can. They were amazing and so helpful, I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Amelia F
Reviewed March 9, 2017

The room was clean and quaint. Enjoyed the breakfast and lounge area with friends. The lounge has a cute cat in it, but she's feisty! The location is good, with public transportation nearby. It's a nice place to rest after a busy day seeing the town.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BernardJ338
sebastien d, Gérant at Couvent des Franciscains, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2017

Dear Mr Bernards J,

Thanks you for taking the time to write a review on your last stay.

We are pleased that your stay have been a success, and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Oreo, our cat (male) is very young and we hope that he will be less feisty in the future....

Regards.

Sébastien.

Reviewed January 11, 2017

The hotel is on a main street not too far from train station & a straight shot down to the Cathedrale Notre Dame de Strasbourg. We booked a room for 3 people but ended up only needing a room for 2. The room they gave us had a double bed & then a twin bed slightly separated from the double bed by a wall & doorway. The twin bed was right next to the bathroom. There wasn't a view from our room but we could look into the apartment building next door. (which was kind of fun seeing how a local family lives) The room was very sparse with not much character. Almost like a dorm room, but i was OK with that since i only used the place for sleeping. The bed was comfortable & bathroom was fine. There isn't a coffee/tea maker in the room either but they have a nice lounge area in the reception area where you can help yourself to tea or coffee. I actually liked the lounge area a lot. They had some sofas, chairs & a dining area by a mini kitchen area with a TV & books. I believe we paid about $135 USA dollar for our room which wasn't cheap but not outrageous. It's also nice that it close to all the tourist spots without being right in the middle of the hustle & bustle. I would definitely recommend for a short stay. On another note i have to say the person who checked us in was really nice & helpful, i can't remember his name. Where as some of the other front desk people were not has warm or friendly.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank deborah g
sebastien d, Gérant at Couvent des Franciscains, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2017

Hello,

We thank you for visiting our hotel and posting a few notice. We are happy you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Best regards

Reviewed December 14, 2016 via mobile

i arrived after 1AM due to late trains.

I walked i and was greeted like an old friend.

i instantly felt at home.

i got my room key and went upstairs to drop my bag.

i know rooms in France are small but this was smaller than my bed at home.

went sown and had a beer in the lounge. very modern and very clean.

back to the room to crash and woke up in a sweat in the middle of the night. it was so hot i had to,open a window...brutal.

then went to,take a shower and water was only lukewarm,,not hot.

on my way out the next morning I was again warmly greeted and when I asked how to get to Petite France the desk clerk got a map out, showed me where it was and gave me easy to folow directions.

each interaction with each different clerk was great !

Real down to,earth people and when no guests need them they are wiping down the walls keeping the place immaculate.

for me only downside was room. yeah i know thats why you go there but such a great staff deserves recognition also.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Travelloverdelmundo
sebastien d, Responsable relations clients at Couvent des Franciscains, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2017

Dear guest, We are impressed by the good feeling you had discovering and visiting our city and hotel. We thank you for the warm and lovely appreciations.

Hotel desk

Reviewed January 15, 2016

A good value with clean and modern albeit simple rooms with strong AC just across canal from the old city. Really saved me when I stayed during the July 2015 heat wave (35C+) and needed an affordable hotel with AC. Staff overall were very friendly and went out of their way when I needed help, including to make a few calls to locate a lost pair of glasses. Rooms were fairly quiet given its location on main street. The lobby is very modern and has nice places to relax with a small self-service bar and coffee/tea. The breakfast room is downstairs in the old convent with lots of character.

Room Tip: Rooms on side and back of hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank dc-hiker1
sebastien d, Directeur général at Couvent des Franciscains, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a comment on our hotel.

I am pleased that you have appreciated the localization of hotel close to the historical center of Strasbourg.

I forward your kind comments to our staff especially our to the Front Office.

I look forward to welcoming you again very soon at the Couvent du Franciscain and I stay at your entire disposal, should you require any further assistance.

Best regards.