All reviewsclean roomsdecent choicetriple roomlate arrivalold townthe main train stationan easy walknext morningwould stay here againlobbywifireceptionparkingcathedralfrench
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Awwwww our stay became more memorable because of Oreo. I remember playing with him at the hotel lobby a lot. So adorable.
Their rooms were also nice and spacious and the food served during breakfast was terrific.
Their staff was also so helpful and accommodating. Made me love Strasbourg all the more.
Hope to visit again soon.
Please hug Oreo for me!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
sebastien d, Responsable relations clients at Couvent des Franciscains, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel Le Couvent du Franciscain .

It is a pleasure to know that you were pleased by the service provided by our staff and Oreo as well as the location of the hotel, which is indeed very central.

I was thrilled to share your wonderful feedback with all the teams as it is very rewarding for all of us to read such comments.

The entire Le Couvent du Franciscain team looks forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Magali Bonnard
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed July 19, 2017

I stayed here one night prior to attending a work conference in Strasbourg. I checked in around 6pm after walking from the main train station, and I checked out the next morning around 10.

The staff were friendly and were able to speak English, French, and German. I was able to get by in a combination of all three. The room was clean, airy, well lit, and comfortable. I had no problems, and the staff even checked for a potentially lost item after I checked out. (It was misplaced in a different bag.)

The hotel is conveniently located near the train station. This was useful, since I stayed on a Sunday-Monday, and many shops and restaurants near the train station were open. The hotel is located near a large mall and a tram stop.

I did not try the breakfast, but I saw other guests eating in the morning.

Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a view overlooking the street, but I'm not sure if all rooms have this.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank AP32016
sebastien d, Propriétaire at Couvent des Franciscains, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks you for choosing our hotel.

What else can I add to your comment??? Thanks you for your comment which gives us the force to continue improving our hôtel.

Regards.

Sébastien.

Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

I was traveling from Germany and didn't check in until almost 12pm. It's long when you travel far and want to rest somewhere. When I arrived they had tea and biscuits ready and waiting for me, took my bags to the room and even let me keep my car in their secure parking lot for longer than normal the next day. Breakfast was good, room was clean and well stocked with anything I could possibly need. I've been traveling for 3 weeks and this is by far the best place I've stayed in. I booked my room through their website directly and have made it a point to leave them a review on any site I can. They were amazing and so helpful, I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Amelia F
Reviewed March 9, 2017

The room was clean and quaint. Enjoyed the breakfast and lounge area with friends. The lounge has a cute cat in it, but she's feisty! The location is good, with public transportation nearby. It's a nice place to rest after a busy day seeing the town.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BernardJ338
sebastien d, Gérant at Couvent des Franciscains, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2017

Dear Mr Bernards J,

Thanks you for taking the time to write a review on your last stay.

We are pleased that your stay have been a success, and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Oreo, our cat (male) is very young and we hope that he will be less feisty in the future....

Regards.

Sébastien.

Reviewed January 11, 2017

The hotel is on a main street not too far from train station & a straight shot down to the Cathedrale Notre Dame de Strasbourg. We booked a room for 3 people but ended up only needing a room for 2. The room they gave us had a double bed & then a twin bed slightly separated from the double bed by a wall & doorway. The twin bed was right next to the bathroom. There wasn't a view from our room but we could look into the apartment building next door. (which was kind of fun seeing how a local family lives) The room was very sparse with not much character. Almost like a dorm room, but i was OK with that since i only used the place for sleeping. The bed was comfortable & bathroom was fine. There isn't a coffee/tea maker in the room either but they have a nice lounge area in the reception area where you can help yourself to tea or coffee. I actually liked the lounge area a lot. They had some sofas, chairs & a dining area by a mini kitchen area with a TV & books. I believe we paid about $135 USA dollar for our room which wasn't cheap but not outrageous. It's also nice that it close to all the tourist spots without being right in the middle of the hustle & bustle. I would definitely recommend for a short stay. On another note i have to say the person who checked us in was really nice & helpful, i can't remember his name. Where as some of the other front desk people were not has warm or friendly.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank deborah g
sebastien d, Gérant at Couvent des Franciscains, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2017

Hello,

We thank you for visiting our hotel and posting a few notice. We are happy you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Best regards