“Beautiful hotel in great location!”
Review of Hotel Beaucour

Hotel Beaucour
Ranked #12 of 130 Hotels in Strasbourg
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Nicely located in the heart of the city. Pleasant five-minute’ walk to the Cathedral and many good restaurants. The hotel is fitted perfectly into this delightful historic city. It was clean and comfortable with large windows and an oversized bathroom. Good breakfast buffet. Hotel staff were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Atmosphere: charming
Satff: Very friendly
Room size: poor, because if you want a shower rather than bath only, they only have a few small rooms with showers. Room size and bed size inconvenient for a couple with baggage.
Breakfast: Adequate but choices not copious, and egg boiling is more cumbersome than it needs to be.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We are just back from a tour through Europe down to Lake Como in Italy. We stayed in the Hotel Beaucour on our return journey and chose it from several hotel booking web site visits. The hotel did not disappoint and we were delighted with the location right in the centre of the city close to the cathedral and the river. Furthermore, the hotel is surrounded by a plethora of restaurants and cafes and pedestrian only streets. Hotel staff were extremely helpful from the minute we arrived until our departure and the room was quirky, immaculately clean and with all mod cons. Parking was in a multi story parking lot which is right across a small backstreet from the hotel entrance and the hotel does a deal if your stay is on or over 24 hours. The hotel is easy to locate and a very short drive from the motorway. Best of all, the hotel was a peaceful haven within the heart of the city and we heard no external or internal noise from our room. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017

From beginning to end, all members of the staff did their utmost to make our stay enjoyable -- booking, checking-in, suggestions for places to eat, and clear instructions on how best to get to our next destination. The room was spacious and quite comfortable; and the breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: For a better room, book the "charm" category. It is well worth the small supplement.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We only stayed for one night but we enjoyed the decor and friendly atmosphere. Location is a few minutes form the main hub and the hotel is surrounded by shops, bars and a few food outlets. Large secure private car park opposite was useful, got a deal via the hotel. Our room was well appointed, nice big beds and windows made it feel really light and fresh. Charming decor, honesty bar and nice areas to relax made this a pleasant stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017

It is the third time that my husband and I have stayed there over the past 10 years. We went back last weekend and enjoyed the newly refurbished and renovated rooms. There is a strange smell that persists in the rooms (perhaps from cleaning products?), but the rooms are very beautiful, very spacious, and the staff is very friendly. We also love that you can park the car in the car park in front of the hotel and that they provide special discounts for their guests. We stayed in one of their newly renovated suites (room 103) and enjoyed our stay there very much. Besides how big the room was, we also got to enjoy a balneo bathtub. The hotel is very convenient in its location as you are very close to the centre by foot, and you have many restaurants and cafés close by.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ASArnold
Reviewed 11 June 2017

The Hotel Beaucour grew on me as I stayed there. I was there for 3 days to meet a group for a wine study trip. My room was big and in the front of the hotel facing the square so I did hear the Saturday night revelers but it was not too bad.

What i really liked was that my room was big and airy. The cleaning staff do a great job and the hotel is really in a perfect location. You are not too close to the Petit France area which gets pretty crazy and you are a 5 minute walk from the cathedral which is where you want to be if you are making a short trip to the city. I can see how the hotel would be very cozy in the winter time.

The breakfasts are okay. The breakfast room gets crowded and noisy and there is a huge array of food but it is okay. It suffices. The scrambled eggs were not very good and the coffee was okay. The breakfast room feels very cafeteria like.

Their restaurant recommendation list was good and helpful. I went to 2 of the winstubs, Saint-Sepulcre and Au Pont Corbeau and they were exactly as described in their list which tends to be a rare thing.

So despite the hearty but mediocre breakfasts the Beaucour grew on me. I think I really appreciated the cleanliness, the charm (as in cuteness) and the location. I like that I had big windows that I could open which for me always makes a difference.

This isn't a fashionable, hip, modern hotel. It has the Alsace cuteness factor going on which since it was my first introduction to Alsace I embraced. Given that I have a tendency to get lost, the convenience of its location was fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank EC145
Claire-Lise B, Propriétaire at Hotel Beaucour, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear Madame, Dear Monsieur,
Thank you for your kind advice.
We are going to improve the breakfast very soon and we hope to welcome you again to test it :-)
Very kind regards